This not your average in-house counsel role -- and it is not for the weary. This is the start-up world in next generation digital healthcare; it's awesome, full of opportunity, and different every day. In this role, you will be on the front lines, helping us achieve Livongo's mission to empower all people with chronic diseases to live better and healthier lives.
We are looking for a corporate attorney to serve as an in-house counsel and handle a broad range of complex legal matters and projects. The Livongo Legal Team’s end goal is moving the Livongo Health vision forward with our clients and members and establishing rapport and results with stakeholders internally, all the while guarding the company against legal risks.
Do you have experience negotiating client and vendor agreements, advising on data privacy/regulatory matters, and developing risk mitigation strategies? Are you consultative and proactive? Are you ready to make an impact? Are you are interested in working with smart and talented people at one of the healthcare industry’s hottest startups? Are you in? We would like to hear from you!
- Review, draft, and negotiate a broad range of sales, partner, distribution, and procurement agreements.
- Advise the business on a variety of topics such as health care regulations, privacy and data sharing, employment matters, and corporate transactions.
- Consult and assist with a variety of corporate legal processes (e.g. corporate governance, intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, financings, compliance, lawsuits, etc.)
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues.
- Anticipate and guard company against legal risks.
- Guide internal stakeholders and ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- JD degree from an accredited U.S. law school and good standing with at least one U.S. state bar.
- Between 4 to 8 years of law firm and/or in-house legal department experience, preferably in technology or startup environment.
- Highly skilled in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex commercial agreements with clients, partners, and vendors with minimal supervision.
- Proven understanding of healthcare regulations, including but not limited to HIPAA, Stark, and Anti-kickback regulations.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and writing skills.
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail.
- Be able to think outside the box using business and common sense to replace “no, because” with “yes, if”.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do all levels of legal work.
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter. Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.