Simply stated, Livongo exists to empower people with chronic conditions to live better and healthier lives. This is your chance to help to build and scale Livongo’s product platform during a time of tremendous growth and product expansion.
What makes a Software Engineer at Livongo different?
- As a member of the Enterprise Backend team, you will:
- Build the backend platform that powers Livongo's business growth and partnership expansions.
- Take ownership of our microservices and data infrastructure that:
- Automatically provision new business customers across dozens of features
- Determine eligibility and set up new member accounts in a matter of seconds
- Manage our billing process to enable revenue and growth
- Connect biometric and clinical data across multiple health platforms
- Allow doctors and coaches to coordinate patient care via seamless access to Livongo
- Apply and lead the best practices to create elegant, adaptable, scalable software.
- Harness frameworks such as Scala, Play, gRPC, Kafka, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, Prometheus, FHIR, OAuth, and SAML, with the opportunity to contribute code and design to Livongo's common backend infrastructure.
- Develop our backend applications using Big Data frameworks like Spark and EMR, as well as AWS managed services like DynamoDB, Redshift, Kinesis, Data Lake, and Athena.
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. In lieu of degree, relevant work experience and/or trade school is acceptable
- 2+ years experience in software engineering in a functional or object-oriented language (Java, Scala or Python)
- Experience implementing REST/gRPC APIs and event-driven architecture
- Solid grasp of engineering principles, test-driven development, and CI/CD process
- Passion, collaboration, and productivity in a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Strong written and verbal skills, including the ability to communicate succinctly, effectively explaining technical concepts to non-technical personnel
- Adaptability in changing work environments, managing new priorities, new instructions, delays, or unexpected events
The nature of work is interdisciplinary, and our teammates come from varying backgrounds, e.g. Site Reliability Engineer (SRE), Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Production Engineer. We urge you to apply even if you feel uncertain that you have the exact background.
People and culture are Livongo’s greatest assets! It reflects our values and the world we live in. One of diversity and inclusion where everyone’s voice is of equal importance.
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and 401K
- Generous PTO policy
- 10 paid holidays each year
- Lunch provided Monday through Thursday (in office)
- An endless variety of healthy snacks and beverages to fuel your creativity
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Team events and social gatherings
- Pet-friendly environment in Mountain View, CA and Denver
- Diabetes Care Prescription Reimbursement
- Discount/Subsidy program for gym membership
- Provide the full line of Livongo programs and services to all employees and their families
Why Join Livongo?
Our Work Truly Matters: Welcome to a new era of healthcare. Livongo combines data science, behavior enablement, and clinical impact to make it easier for people to stay healthy. Our Members seamlessly manage chronic and behavioral health conditions on one platform.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? Livongo’s innovative solution utilizes advanced coaching and real-time, personalized insights to increase Member satisfaction, improve clinical outcomes, and reduce overall healthcare spending. Here you can truly improve people’s lives.
Focus on PEOPLE: Voted one the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Right now. Come help us achieve our mission to make a tangible difference for our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.