Livongo is continuing to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding virtual due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
This is your chance to work with a leading innovator in consumer digital health solutions, at a company Forbes has marked for billion-dollar success. If you’re a seasoned professional with vision and passion for the healthcare industry, you can’t afford to overlook this unique opportunity.
In your role as Privacy Officer you will oversee the Livongo Health Privacy Program, reviewing and evaluating privacy related policies and questions within the organization. The successful candidate should have a proven track record in collaboratively structuring a privacy program and building effective relationships with business leaders and external clients. The Privacy Officer will report to the General Counsel.
- Oversee Livongo’s HIPAA-compliant privacy program and policies and continue to enhance the privacy program to address changes in technology, IT infrastructure, and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Serve as an expert on privacy for Livongo, providing education and training on HIPAA, global privacy laws and state specific rules and regulations.
- Enable consistent, effective privacy practices which minimize organizational risk and ensure the confidentiality of protected health information (PHI).
- Draft and negotiate data sharing agreements, business associate agreements (BAAs), other data privacy related documentation.
- Consult, collaborate, and provide guidance to members of the Legal team, privacy team, and other business stakeholders on privacy related questions, specifically for contracts, data sharing agreements, and BAAs.
- Monitor the performance of the privacy program on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Oversee, direct, update, deliver, or ensure delivery of initial and recurrent privacy training and orientation to all employees, contractors, and other appropriate third parties.
- Perform routine privacy compliance monitoring activities by performing or directing internal audits to ensure companywide compliance with HIPAA, GDPR, and other privacy regulations.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and ongoing compliance monitoring of third-party partners to ensure all privacy concerns, requirements, and responsibilities are addressed.
- Manage and perform periodic privacy risk assessments, mitigations, and remediations.
- Ensure all privacy concerns are documented and addressed in a timely manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the General Counsel.
- In-depth experience with U.S. privacy regulations and EU data protection laws, including CCPA, GDPR, and HIPAA.
- Strong knowledge of industry leading-practices and standards.
- Ability to clarify and communicate complex legal and regulatory requirements, so that they are understood by a variety of audiences.
- Desire and ability to quickly learn about the activities and specificities of our unique business model, advanced technology capabilities, and evolving regulatory environment.
- Willingness to take ownership and drive initiatives to resolution while reporting appropriately on progress made and escalating when difficulties are encountered.
- Ability to comfortably balance multiple and competing priorities.
- Excellent organizational abilities and outstanding written and oral communications skills.
- 10+ years of global privacy experience as in-house counsel (medical device, consumer goods, or healthcare preferred) or a global law firm.
- Juris Doctor and good standing in at least one U.S. state bar.
- Prior privacy officer experience at a publicly traded healthcare technology company.
- CIPP/US certification.
- Demonstrate a broad comprehension of market trends, industry challenges, major players (payers and providers), relevant products and technologies
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.