Livongo is looking for an exceptional mobile application engineer. The ideal candidate should have relentless passion for working on technology that is transformative and critically important to helping the lives of people impacted by chronic conditions.
Working on healthcare technology requires tremendous commitment towards our members and sensitivity around designing intuitive and engaging UI. We are the leading chronic condition management platform because we hold ourselves responsible for the technology that drives the health and wellbeing of every single Livongo member. We value engineers that strive for excellence despite adversity, with a sense of compassion and urgency for solving some of the most pressing healthcare issues today. If the above resonates with you, we want you to join our team!
- Work alongside the design and product team to create a world class healthcare experience
- Technical anchor for our mobile (iOS and/or Android) product offerings
- Native and hybrid application development, maintenance and release
- Practice agile development cycles and collaborative coding methodologies
- Peer mentorship, knowledge sharing and fostering growth of fellow team members
- 3+ Years of native Android development experience (Java, Kotlin).
- Working knowledge of mobile networking stack and client side persistent data store. (sqlite, Core Data, Room DB, Realm DB)
- Strong understanding of concurrent programming architecture and best practices
- Native UI development experience, especially with respect to device and OS compatibility
- Solid object-oriented design patterns and mentality
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with beta distribution platforms and app store release cycle and processes
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.