If you’re an experienced system engineer with a hardware background, this is your chance to bring world-class products – the latest and greatest in remote monitoring technology for chronic health conditions – from concept through design, development, validation, and mass production. As our senior system engineer, you’ll have the challenge and the satisfaction of delivering the smart devices that are transforming the healthcare ecosystem, improving health outcomes and reducing healthcare costs. These products leverage data science and machine learning to support a community of thousands of health employers, partners, and Livongo Members living with chronic and/or behavioral health conditions.
You will be directly applying your engineering expertise and working with cross functional teams to realize product commercialization. This is a highly collaborative role and you will work closely with Product Designer, Firmware, Software, Mobile App, Industrial Design, Regulatory, Quality, and Supply Chain on product system requirements, design, risk analysis and implementation. This is also a hands-on technical role in which you will solve challenging system engineering problems, bring up and debug hardware systems, and execute hardware integration tests.
If you’re perfect for this job, you’ll have a strong technical background and demonstrated excellence working in cross-functional teams to launch new products in a fast-paced environment. You’ll have the opportunity to exercise your leadership ability and apply new best practices to intriguing projects.
- Provide technical inputs to Livongo’s hardware portfolio to meet product goals and design requirements
- Lead hardware system technical trade-offs in delivering products with next-generation technology introduction
- Define and execute system design integration on a variety of hardware products
- Troubleshoot device issues involving hardware and software
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop system requirements, system design, risk management, and traceability.
- Deliver successful products that delight our Members and continue to perform throughout their life.
Our successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience in developing consumer and/or medical device hardware and software technologies
- 7+ years of experience working in close collaboration with engineering subject matter experts
- Experience in the consumer electronics industry, designing and producing devices while working with vendors, JDM partners and contract manufacturers
- Experience developing complex and innovative products across hardware, software, and platforms
- Experience working in fast-paced and iterative product development cycles
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Strong communication skills, for delivering plans and ensuring alignment across all teammates, in multiple departments
- A Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.