Simply stated, Livongo exists to empower people with chronic conditions to live better and healthier lives. Livongo is seeking an engineer with an emphasis on data processing, transformation, fidelity and scalability. The applicant should have a strong interest in the interface between real-time and reporting systems, pulling data from multiple sources into central data storage, and collaborating with internal Livongo teams to help provide for their data needs.
What makes a Senior Data Engineer at Livongo different?
- It is engineering! Members are why we come to work every day and our engineers design and developing the product, product features, and tools for members to have a best in class health consumer experience throughout their journey with Livongo
- Strong communication skills especially around collaboration with internal Livongo teams
- After our Members, data is pretty significant at Livongo and our engineers design and develop data pipelines to manage how data flows between our disparate systems
- Develop real time member registration with our CRM, integrating data systems across businesses like MyStrength, Retrofit, Livongo, etc.
- Work with Scala, Python, Tensorflow, Keras, SKL (or Scala/DL4J) to build production-grade machine learning (ML) pipelines and tools
- Create tools and data sets to assist data science
- Perform continuous integration to ensure that every step of an ML pipeline is testable and automated
- Assist in maintaining data integrity in production systems
- Use trained models to enable rapid experimentation
- Participate in Agile planning around data feature requests and advocate for the best data engineering projects in priority planning.
- Collaborating closely with Livongo’s ML experts, Data Scientists, Product Managers and clinical researchers to build products that help people live better lives
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark, and a strong depth of expertise with at least one of these
- Unshakeable (nearly innate) grasp of software engineering fundamentals
- Specific experience creating and maintaining production pipelines
- Keen attention to detail and a knack for prioritizing competing objectives
- The ability to solve real-life business problems with data
- A passion for using your work to improve lives
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. In lieu of degree, relevant work experience and/or trade school is acceptable
- 7+ years’ experience in software development
- 3+ years in a data engineering role
- Strong SQL development experience (Postgres / AWS Redshift/MySQL)
- Expertise in Scala, Java, or Python
People and culture are Livongo’s greatest and most valued assets! We’ve built a culture we are proud of that reflects our values of diversity and inclusion where everyone’s voice is equally important.
Our Benefits Include
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and 401K
- Generous PTO policy
- 10 paid holidays each year
- Lunch provided Monday through Thursday (in office)
- An endless variety of healthy snacks and beverages to fuel your creativity
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Team events and social gatherings
- Pet-friendly environment in Mountain View, CA and Denver
- Diabetes Care Prescription Reimbursement
- Discount/Subsidy program for gym membership
- Provide the full line of Livongo programs and services to all employees and their families
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.