This is your chance to leverage your experience and leadership skills as you build a world-class product team specifically for our Behavioral Health members, at a high-impact company in which your contributions will have significant social benefits. You’ll have the benefit of joining early in a period of astronomical growth, enjoying a gratifying breadth and variety of design work, delivering hardware, software, physical consumer devices and service platforms.
If you’re our ideal candidate, you have 10+ years of hands-on product management experience developing mobile and web products, and proven leadership and team-building skills. You thrive in a fast-moving start-up culture that operates under an aggressive software product development and launch plan. You love solving new, high-impact user experience challenges, and you bring passion, empathy, creativity and analytical insight to your work, your team and your company.
As our Director, Product Development you’ll be defining and designing the behavioral health experience of our members. Your product portfolio will span mobile, web, and a variety of other services, which we deliver via a user-friendly internet platform as well as a network of real-time interactive coaches. You’ll work on unraveling the daily complexity our patient/members face as they try to prevent or deal with behavioral health and other chronic conditions.
At Livongo you will enjoy the diversity of experience and amazing talent of our team, working with colleagues from places such as Google, Evernote and Amazon on the consumer side, and GE, Cigna and Allscripts on the healthcare side. This is a highly-collaborative, extremely fast-paced, innovative environment where you’ll find your excitement building as you’re both challenged and gratified by progress, every day.
- Lead Product Management for a dedicated agile team of engineers, designers, and data scientists delivering our Behavioral Health product line
- Define prioritization and delivery of additional Behavioral Health features across the entire Livongo chronic condition platform
- Oversee a multi-year product strategy and roadmap for all Livongo Behavioral Health Products that puts our members first and leads the market
- Create an environment in which customer happiness, employee happiness and company goals intersect and flourish
- Serve as an internal and external expert on the full picture for Behavioral Health Products, including performance, competitive analysis, market positioning, member needs, and features.
- Quickly develop strong and effective relationships with colleagues, especially in Product Marketing, Clinical, Commercial, and Product Delivery
- Develop solutions that balance member needs, business constraints, and technical considerations across different surfaces (mobile, web, device, etc.)
- Source exceptional talent, in order to significantly grow the size and scope of your team
- Enable your team to innovate, ask questions, learn quickly and deliver extraordinary results
- Define, implement and improve design processes
- Clearly articulate your design rationale and concepts, and defend your position with research and user-centered process
- Uncover and decode the latent and unmet needs of our users, successfully converting their needs into our solutions
- Travel up to 10% of each month
Our successful candidate will have:
- 10-12+ years product management experience with software and hardware products
- 8+ years of experience leading/managing development teams
- 5+ years of experience managing product managers
- Strong focus on and experience in consumer software products, including a robust understanding of acquisition, usage, and retention funnels.
- Passion for helping people with Behavioral Health conditions and other chronic conditions live better
- Commitment to deeply understanding the complex market that is the healthcare industry
- The experience and insight to know what it takes to make a product development team hum, with specific examples of ways in which you’ve grown and led successful teams
- A heartfelt drive to meet the health needs of Livongo’s diverse users
- The ability to work nimbly across multiple projects, with fast-paced, iterative product development cycles
- The flexibility to quickly adapt and produce in a rapidly changing environment, meeting aggressive product launch schedules
- Experience working and innovating in close collaboration with subject matter experts
- A passion for both giving and receiving feedback in an innovative teamwork environment
- An understanding of how non-programmers think about programming, in order to make complex, yet-to-be-released products more approachable
- Exceptional project management skills, with superb attention to detail
- Experience balancing creative and analytical design goals
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- An awareness of the strengths, weaknesses and constraints of popular technologies and mediums
Impress us even more:
- Direct experience in a start-up environment
- Strong experience in the healthcare industry
- Familiarity with behavioral health conditions
- An understanding of how to develop and launch products in higher-risk, regulated environments
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.