As our Senior Manager, Payroll Accounting, you’ll function as one of Livongo’s Finance department leaders, guiding policies and procedures that ensure the payroll function’s ability to scale rapidly as Livongo innovates and grows. In this role you’ll take ownership over the administration of payroll policies, regulations, tax compliance, calendars, and schedules. We’re looking for a customer-oriented leader capable of managing the payroll team and all related processes, to ensure accurate, efficient, and prompt payroll delivery. Skills that will help ensure your success in this role include strong working knowledge of Netsuite (or related ERP), ADP Workforce Now and SOX compliance, as well as sound business judgement, organization, delegation, teamwork and decision-making abilities, a keen sense of discretion, and the flexibility to easily adapt to evolving environments and priorities.
- Own all GL payroll accounting, reconciliations and journal entries to the general ledger, including all compensation and payroll benefits accounts
- Own and manage all payroll-related processes, including income, regular wages, bonuses, special incentives, commissions, equity transactions, etc.
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing, delivery, and reconciliation
- Manage, mentor and inspire your team, currently consisting of one payroll manager
- Using ADP Workforce Now, manage and deliver payroll analysis and pre/post payroll auditing/reconciliations
- Process new hires, transfers, promotions, terminations, status changes, temporary workers, LOA’s, tax changes, deductions, direct deposits, rate changes, retroactive adjustments, insurance coverage, savings deductions and special payments
- Ensure expedited workflow and enhanced customer service in all payroll-related activities
- Partner with Human Resources on matters involving employee compensation, benefits and disability payments, ensuring proper taxation of employer-paid benefits, including stock-based compensation, 401(k) contributions, and funding
- Answer employee questions regarding pay, deductions, or the payroll process, providing excellent customer service while adhering to company policies
- Perform monthly payroll close duties, including the preparation of period-end accruals, and reconciling the payroll and benefit-related accounts
- Continuously evaluate the payroll process and lead, recommend and participate in projects to improve processes (i.e. system upgrades/implementations)
- Coordinate external and internal audits, making sure the payroll department is adhering to company and legal standards
- Manage the preparation of reports with summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages
- Create and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional personnel in Accounting, People, FP&A, Legal, Finance and other departments
- Coordinate between 3rd party vendors to process all deductions, including garnishments, flexible spending plans, retirement plans, and benefits contributions
- Provide approvals and troubleshoot problems as needed, providing coaching and mentoring to staff in support of resolution
- Collaborate enthusiastically and productively with internal teams to provide support for 401K audits, workers compensation audits, and annual audits
- Ensure that all non-exempt employee timesheets are approved by supervisors in a timely fashion, and that timesheet data is processed accurately, including calculation of shift differentials and overtime pay
- Assist with or perform other operational transaction accounting and any transactions relating to the close cycle, including ad-hoc projects, as directed
- Manage the payroll team (initially one direct-report)
- 10+ years’ payroll and accounting experience with multi-state requirements and international subsidiaries
- Leadership experience, including experience managing a department or accounting function through organizational growth and transitions
- Demonstrated success growing a team and developing direct-reports
- Experience with Federal/State relations
- Knowledge of payroll law
- Experience with managing and negotiating with multiple vendors
- Deep familiarity with ADP Workforce Now and Netsuite
- Sound business acumen and judgement
- Strong planning, organization, delegation, and decision-making abilities
- A customer-service focus
- The ability to partner with Finance teammates as well as cross-functional department leaders, at all levels of the organization
- Adaptability and experience managing in an evolving environment
- A keen sense of discretion, with the ability to manage sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Experience with internal SOX documentation and compliance
- A thorough understanding of internal controls, financial reporting requirements, and testing processes and procedures
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation is a big plus
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.