As our new Strategic Partnerships Vice President, you will support the head of the department in the strategic relationship development of Livongo’s most impactful partners with a focus on Pharmacy Benefit Managers (PBMs) and National Health Plans. Focus of this position will be on maximization of sales opportunities generated within assigned partner(s) and driving Livongo to become a deeply embedded component of partner strategy. You will lead commercialization of the partnerships, collaborating with members of our Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Executive, and Client Success teams, while interacting directly with senior leadership within our partners. Overall, your goal will be to build enduring partnerships while driving meaningful growth for Livongo and our partners + value for clients and members.
- Identify new strategic partners for evaluation of potential collaboration/joint value
- Lead discussions in order to determine the joint value proposition, define a partnership framework, negotiate business terms, and execute contracts
- Develop, implement and drive a commercialization strategy for partners that will support and deliver sales growth for Livongo
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders at multiple levels within the partner
- For each partner, develop priorities, an operating calendar, a detailed plan/forecast and account planning/mapping process
- Develop shared pipeline & metrics for review with the sales and executive teams
- Collaborate with other internal partner-focused teams to set priorities and deliverables
- Manage day-to-day operations of strategic partners by leveraging Livongo account executives and associates
- As the number of partners in your portfolio grows, build and lead a team of Account Executives to support partner needs and deliver continued sales growth
- Develop programs and promotions to drive volume through the channel and deliver on growth goals
- Work closely with Marketing to develop partner-specific sales tools and collateral
- Liaise with Product and Technology teams to leverage for expansion and enhancement of our joint value proposition and product offering/capabilities
- Identify short and long-term solutions to partner issues
- Demonstrate a broad comprehension of the customer’s needs and priorities, as well as market trends, major players, industry challenges, and relevant products/technologies
Our successful candidate will have:
- 12+ years of relevant experience in sales, marketing, and/or channel management
- Demonstrated success within PBMs or health plans (clinical consulting/ account management, product, business development, or similar experience is ideal)
- Experience in a high growth company is preferred
- The ability to energize, develop and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Strong motivation and initiative, with a passion for exceeding goals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Impactful writing and presentation skills, with the ability to convey compelling messages in small and large group settings, both in-person and remotely
- Strong project and account management skills
- Refined critical-thinking and analytical skills
- A strong sense of teamwork and team-focused mindset
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) or similar professional degree
- MBA or other graduate business/public health degree is preferred
Why Join Livongo?
Our Work Truly Matters: Welcome to a new era of healthcare. Livongo combines data science, behavior enablement, and clinical impact to make it easier for people to stay healthy. Our Members seamlessly manage chronic and behavioral health conditions on one platform.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? Livongo’s innovative solution utilizes advanced coaching and real-time, personalized insights to increase Member satisfaction, improve clinical outcomes, and reduce overall healthcare spending. Here you can truly improve people’s lives.
Focus on PEOPLE: Voted one the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Right now. Come help us achieve our mission to make a tangible difference for our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.