If you’re passionate about technical innovation and making a difference in a meaningful field, don’t overlook this career opportunity. As our new Senior Software Engineer, you’ll have the satisfaction of seeing tangible results of your ingenuity as you develop features, experiences and integrations that delight the user. Your contributions will significantly impact Livongo’s brand as a trailblazer in healthcare technology.
You should have experience in a JVM-based backend, as well as a willingness to write unit tests, integration tests, and generally support our testing automation efforts. Front-end experience is a plus, but not required. On a daily basis you’ll be designing and documenting new features, modeling database schema, building APIs or microservices, supporting/mentoring your teammates, and enhancing our development and delivery process through new tools. You’ll be based in our office in lower downtown Denver, within walking distance to Coors Field, Union Station, and the 16th Street Mall.
In addition to strong technical know-how, core attributes that will help ensure your success in this role include innovative analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to work nimbly across multiple projects, with fast-paced development cycles.
Accelerate your career with an industry leader experiencing astronomical growth and innovation in high-tech healthcare solutions. Livongo’s talented and diverse tech team is making a positive impact on the lives of millions of people suffering from chronic health conditions. We’d like you to be a part of it.
- Build APIs for web and mobile consumption
- Develop integrations to enhance the user experience
- Model database schema in MySQL
- Design associated object models in Java
- Build easy-to-use, scalable microservices
- Create new user experiences in Vue.js, React or AngularJS
- Enhance our development and delivery process through new tools
- Work with QA to enhance product quality through automation
- Analyze and fix bugs and other issues
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field. In lieu of degree, relevant work experience and/or trade school is acceptable
- 5+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer
- Proven experience designing APIs, in RESTful or gRPC microservices style
- Strong software development experience with proficiency in an object-oriented language of your choice, preferably Java or Scala
- Strong foundation in data structures, design patterns, OOP/OOD and architecture principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of MySQL or another RDBMS, including schema design, querying, etc.
- Superb attention to the details that delight users
- Proven experience with multiple product iterations and releases
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong teamwork and collaborative skills
- The ability to work nimbly across multiple projects, with fast-paced, iterative development cycles
- A passion for giving and receiving feedback in a team environment
- Written and verbal communication skills
Impress us even more
- Experience with consumer medical devices and apps
- Experience completing a release cycle for a consumer-facing product/company
- Experience with container services and managing Amazon Web Services environments
- Experience with data warehousing and AWS Redshift
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.