Join the high-impact business optimization team that functions at the heart of Livongo’s strategic operations. Here you will collaborate across all departments to enable the effective and efficient realization of new and enhanced capabilities. With your efforts, Livongo will capture incremental strategic opportunities, maximizing growth and success, while minimizing the impact to core operations.
As our Vice President of Business Optimization, you’ll play a key role in defining and driving strategic, operational and organizational improvements across Livongo. You’ll immerse yourself in data collection, draw insight from analysis, and craft practical, compelling recommendations and project plans. You’ll drive project implementation, then take pride in the tangible results of your efforts, innovation and insight.
Your team’s work will ensure effective decision-making, innovation, and execution of strategic priorities across the organization. Your projects will include new partner development, integration of new company assets (acquisitions), deployment into new markets or business lines, acceleration of complex organic opportunities, and other strategic initiatives affecting both the near and long-range future of our company.
For success in this role you’ll have demonstrated exceptional business judgment and management, problem-solving, communication and analytical skills. You’ll also have the ability to thrive in fast-moving, ambiguous environments, with shifting priorities.
This role is a stellar opportunity for anyone fascinated by business strategy, who loves to dive into a sea of swirling potential and emerge with insight, process and results. Capitalize on this chance for both personal and professional growth through broad, captivating experiences, on a career path to executive leadership.
- Analyze wildly diverse input and data types to identify high-impact, complex, cross-functional projects that will help Livongo enhance new and existing strategic capabilities
- Uncover, explore and capitalize on growth opportunities, both organic and inorganic
- Develop compelling, synthesized recommendations for specific project undertakings and present these recommendations to Livongo’s executive leadership team
- Identify and lead cross-functional optimization teams, which will be comprised of high-caliber SMEs, problem solvers, and project managers
- Manage and facilitate complex strategic operations projects:
- Develop cross-functional project plans
- Identify necessary resources
- Develop partnerships (internal and external) to enable organizational alignment and secure support for execution of targeted opportunities
- Define and track metrics for project success, communicating progress to the team and other key stakeholders
- Develop toolsets (playbooks, processes, governance structures, etc.) to facilitate project management and enable repeatable execution
- Design and deliver innovative approaches and solutions
- Optimize execution of project plans, managing timelines, deadlines and resources
- Communicate project findings to management and to the broader organization
- Identify and develop best practices for operationalizing strategic initiatives
- Serve as an unbiased third party to deliver insightful analysis to functional leaders
- Support executive leadership in solving near-term issues that arise in the course of operating the day-to-day business
- Incubate new business lines as needed
Our successful candidate will have:
- 8+ years of experience at a management consulting firm or equivalent strategy development and execution experience
- Experience leading teams, as well as leading operational and strategic initiatives
- A passion for innovation and changing lives
- The ability to quickly develop a detailed understanding of Livongo’s business and to use that understanding to inform global strategy
- A proven ability to develop deep, detailed, actionable strategic recommendations
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills, including modeling
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- The ability to influence, persuade, and drive decision-making
- A highly-collaborative approach to business issues and project management
- A metric-based and data-driven approach to building and implementing business strategy
- An open-minded approach, with flexibility and a can-do attitude
- Strong program management skills
- Experience with process design and optimization
- The ability to thrive and produce under pressure
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience, including experience in mathematics, economics, business, commerce, science, or engineering
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.