Livongo’s Accounting and Finance team is growing very quickly, presenting excellent leadership opportunities for “numbers people” with stand-out experience and skill sets. In the role of Director, SEC and Technical Accounting, you’ll function at the heart of our Finance department, managing the preparation of our SEC filings, and guiding the team on technical accounting matters. Leveraging your SEC and public policy background, you’ll make significant contributions during a very exciting time in our company’s development, following our IPO.
This role offers a combination of technical accounting and operational accounting duties, as well as the opportunity to work directly with Livongo’s Executive finance leadership team (CFO, SVP/Corporate Controller). It also provides the opportunity for you to mentor and guide junior members of the team. We’re looking for an energized and motivated accounting leader with a proven capability to develop strong working relationships with Finance teams, cross-functional partners and various levels of management throughout the company.
- Analyze new and proposed accounting standards issued by the SEC and the FASB to determine accounting or disclosure implications
- Coordinate deliverables from various internal personnel for the completion of Livongo’s SEC reporting financial statements and disclosures
- Work with external auditors on technical accounting or disclosure issues
- Gather, analyze and summarize financial data, resolve issues and manage deadlines
- Develop and maintain excellent, collaborative working relationships with external auditors and cross-functional internal teams (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Corporate FP&A, Legal and Investor Relations)
- Assist in establishing and maintaining Livongo’s accounting policies and procedures, continuously improving their effectiveness and efficiency
- Coach and mentor accounting team personnel
- Assess technical accounting issues for appropriate financial treatment in Livongo financial statements
- Prepare financial report data for management review meetings, as needed
Our successful candidate will have:
- A CPA license (required)
- 12-15+ years’ accounting leadership experience in a public company
- Experience with a Big 4 or regional accounting firm
- A strong technical accounting background
- Comprehensive knowledge of SEC rules and regulations, with SEC filing experience
- Mastery of accounting principles and practices (U.S .GAAP), controls, analyses and reconciliation
- Familiarity with accounting and financial reporting systems
- Demonstrable experience analyzing and interpreting accounting transactions and financial issues
- Proven leadership skills, combined with the ability to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- A customer-service-oriented approach
- High standards for integrity and ethics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to write clear, concise, accurate and polished analyses and presentations
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- A self-starter approach, paired with a passion for collaboration and teamwork
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and produce under pressure
- The ability to manage ambiguity and push through business challenges
- The flexibility and agility to adapt to change and think on your feet
- Energy and passion for your work, with a genuine interest in accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.