Join our team of healthcare educators in the innovative, interactive, digital healthcare space. This position offers rewarding human contact and personal gratification, while affording you the opportunity to work from the comfort and convenience of your own home.
In your role as a Livongo Expert Coach I, you’ll provide high-quality support for members with chronic conditions, who may also require weight loss and/or behavior change in order to improve their health and wellbeing. Covering the Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday overnight shifts, from 9:00pm-6:00am, Central time, you’ll answer real-time out-of-range blood glucose notifications, facilitating education and providing caring, personalized coaching for enrolled members. Your coaching will drive Livongo member usage, as well as behavior changes that positively impact clinical outcomes. You’ll foster and develop positive relationships with members, providing an excellent member experience.
We value motivated self-starters with outgoing, energetic perspectives, the ability to multi-task, and the flexibility to thrive on change. Other attributes that will help ensure your success include superior communication, collaboration and organizational skills, emotional intelligence, accountability, initiative, ethics and values, and an empathetic customer focus.
Seize this opportunity to advance your career while you utilize your expertise to deliver an outstanding, knowledgeable coaching experience that will transform lives.
- Provide real-time response and support for members’ wireless blood glucose monitoring devices, primarily supporting the overnight shift (currently 9:00pm-6:00am Central time), on Tue, Wed, Thur and Saturday. Hours/days may shift to cover needs.
- Deliver education and personalized coaching according to Livongo’s protocol for specific condition(s)
- Develop SMART strategies with members
- Empower members to effectively self-manage their condition
- Convey enthusiasm and positive energy during member interactions
- Ensure members have the tools they need to reach their goals and manage their condition
- Actively engage with members via a variety of communication tools including email, Message a Coach, virtual application, and 1:1 coaching sessions
- Provide feedback, education, and support, answer questions, share resources, and hold members accountable to their goals
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of clinical best practices for diabetes management and whole-person coaching
- Leverage a motivational interviewing manner to enable behavior change and drive clinical outcomes
- Follow best scheduling practices to optimize coaching utilization and meet member needs
- Refer members with additional conditions for support and education, following clinical care guidelines including the ADA Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes, AHA Hypertension Clinical Guidelines and CDC DPP Lifestyle Management guidelines
- Support Livongo Sales teams in telephonic and app sales demonstrations as needed
- Pursue professional development and continuing education to maintain knowledge and skills
- Attend and contribute to team meetings
- Document your work consistently on EMR, achieving Livongo standards
- Travel domestically 2-4 times per year to meetings and conferences, as needed
For success in this role you’ll bring:
- Coaching experience, plus any certification, license or registration necessary to support your specific coaching/member assignments. Typical designations include RN, RD, Pharm D, exercise physiologist, licensed social worker, PA, or similar healthcare experience
- Passion for changing people’s lives
- Dedicated and relentless commitment to delivering an exceptional member experience, and helping members achieve their goals
- Availability to work overnight shifts: 9:00pm-6:00am in your local time zone
- Knowledge of behavior change and habit formation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills:
- The ability to communicate with members empathetically, infusing the Livongo culture
- The ability to establish rapid member rapport over the phone
- Skill and confidence to deliver high-quality, engaging educational presentations
- The adaptability to embrace change
- Assertiveness and flexibility
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal direction
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Comfort with and interest in technology such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype, GoTo, Webex, HipChat, Google Docs, Zoom, etc.
- A knack for creativity and innovation in a fast-paced organization
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- A home office environment suitable for uninterrupted member communications
- Willingness to travel 2-4 times per year to attend meetings and conferences
- The ability to speak Spanish is a huge plus, as is CDE certification!
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.