This pivotal and exciting time in Livongo’s history offers an excellent growth opportunity for an accounts payable specialist with the skill and experience to step into a lead position, managing A/P processes and building rapport with vendors, contractors and teammates. In this role you’ll function at the heart of our Finance department, refining policies and procedures as you ensure accuracy and efficiency.
As our Manager, Accounts Payable you’ll lead and support all operational and transactional activities in support of the Procure-to-Pay process (no direct or indirect buying from Suppliers). For success in this role you’ll be well-versed in building departmental operations from the ground up, which includes being a driver of change, as well as skill with Netsuite ERP technology and tools. Other core attributes you’ll apply will include exemplary communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong service orientation, excellent project management and multi-tasking skills, eagle-eyed attention to detail and professional maturity and flexibility.
If you have a passion for numbers (especially numbers that get bigger every day) this is your chance to take your career and this company to the next level, as we rapidly expand our workforce.
- Manage end-to-end PTP/AP data and processes (vendor files, vendor invoices, payments, credit cards, vendor inquiries)
- Manage a small accounts payable team and provide day-to-day guidance and coaching on general ledger (GL) coding and resolution of discrepancies in accordance with established policies and processes
- Manage and review employee expense reports and reimbursements in Expensify
- Ensure appropriate taxations for multiple jurisdictions
- Prepare weekly check runs and send out payments
- Assist with month-end, quarter-end and year-end close, expense accruals ensuring financial close deadlines are met
- Continually seek and implement new system enhancements and ways to scale PTP processes
- Create and maintain strong relationships with cross-functional personnel in Accounting, People, FP&A, Legal, and other departments
- Collaborate enthusiastically and productively with internal teams to provide support for audits
- Lead, recommend and participate in projects to continually streamline and improve current processes (i.e. system upgrades/implementations), ensuring maximum efficiency
- 9+ years’ experience in AP/PTP cycle and/or general accounting
- Expert knowledge of AP/PTP processes, accruals, systems, KPI metrics and trends
- Familiarity with a wide range of general AP/PTP and expense accruals procedures
- Experience leading projects and/or people
- Experience working with NetSuite and Expensify
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills with the proven ability to write formulas, perform VLOOKUP, etc.
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong service orientation
- Excellent project management skills, with a disciplined, highly-organized, analytical approach
- Eagle-eyed attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
- Multi-tasking skills and the professional maturity and flexibility to perform under tight deadlines, or meet changing priorities and goals
- A strong work ethic, with a proactive approach to identifying and resolving issues
- Resourcefulness and self-motivation
- Enthusiasm for teamwork and collaboration
- A clear, approachable, and friendly outlook, with a customer-service orientation
- The ability to work effectively with executives and staff and manage external service providers
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.