Are you inspired by the chance to shape the evolution of the healthcare industry? If you’re a skilled and motivated attorney with background in technology, this is your opportunity to tackle stimulating legal issues within the healthcare realm, and advise our teams on initiatives that influence all aspects of Livongo’s business.
In your role as Senior Corporate Counsel you will help us draft and negotiate a variety of business agreements, while serving as trusted legal advisor and protecting the company against risk. You’ll collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Finance and Human Resources, to guide business solutions and strategies in an innovative, dynamic, high-growth environment.
For success in this role you’ll have a knack for partnering effectively within and across teams, demonstrating patience, maturity and openness to other perspectives while effectively driving a clear and beneficial path forward. You’ll have an established record of executing against complex tasks, often exceeding expectations of quality and/or timing. Your knowledge of commercial contracting and HIPAA/healthcare regulations will bolster your ability to devise innovative solutions and serve as a trusted advisor and partner to Livongo on all legal and regulatory matters.
- Review, draft, and negotiate sales, partner, distribution, and procurement agreements
- Consult and assist with a variety of corporate legal processes (e.g. labor and employment, intellectual property, mergers & acquisitions, etc.)
- Develop company policy and position on legal issues
- Anticipate and guard company against legal risks
- Guide internal stakeholders and ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Continually improve Livongo’s legal process, deal structure, and negotiation strategy
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A JD degree from an accredited U.S. law school and good standing with at least one U.S. state bar
- 6-10 years of law firm and/or in-house legal department experience, preferably in a technology or startup environment
- Excellent experience and skills with drafting, reviewing, and negotiating complex commercial agreements with clients, partners, and vendors
- A demonstrated understanding of healthcare regulations, including but not limited to HIPAA and Anti-Kickback regulations
- A demonstrated understanding of labor and employment laws and/or patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret laws
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and writing skills
- Analytical ability and strong attention to detail
- Motivation to seek additional responsibility and execute without direct delegation from upper management
- The ability to effectively create partnerships and leverage across the company
- Availability to work from the Livongo office in downtown Chicago
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.