Ready to get your hands on some of the most innovative advances in digital healthcare? If you’re an experienced Hardware Development innovator, this is your chance to bring world-class products – the latest and greatest in remote monitoring technology for chronic health conditions – from concept through design, development, validation, and mass production. As our Senior Manager of Hardware Development, you’ll have the challenge and the satisfaction of delivering the smart devices that are transforming the healthcare ecosystem, improving health outcomes and reducing healthcare costs. These products leverage data science and machine learning to support a community of thousands of health employers, partners, and Livongo Members living with chronic and/or behavioral health conditions.
In this job you’ll also inspire and lead a small team of hardware engineers. Initially you’ll have one direct report, with the opportunity to further build out the team next year. In your leadership position, you’ll help establish a hardware systems-engineering function, advancing the development of next-generation product platforms, while supporting current products through their lifecycle.
If you’re perfect for this job, you’ll have a strong technical background and demonstrated excellence leading cross-functional teams to launch new products in a fast-paced environment. You’ll have the opportunity to exercise your leadership ability and apply new best practices to intriguing projects. Your job will be highly collaborative as you partner with internal and external leaders in Product, Firmware/Back-end/Mobile/Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Clinical, Regulatory, Quality, and Supply Chain. Specifically, we’re looking for core competencies such as leadership, project management, collaboration, influence, accountability and a focus on achieving results.
Put your ingenuity to good use at the company that Fortune has named one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare! If you’re passionate about technical innovation and making a direct impact on people’s health and well-being, come join us at our downtown Mountain View office, just a few minutes’ walk from Castro Street.
- Provide technical and team leadership for Livongo’s hardware portfolio by enabling the products to meet product goals and design requirements
- Build, lead and inspire a team of creative and productive hardware engineers
- Manage hardware system technical trade-offs in delivering products with next-generation technology introduction
- Own system design integration across the product portfolio
- Create a process for system integration with new product development programs that enable effective and efficient work across both internal and external functions
- Deliver successful products that delight our Members and continue to perform throughout their life
- Build a high-performing team that delivers world-class hardware products and collaborates effectively with teammates both inside and outside the company
Our successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated leadership experience in developing consumer and/or medical device hardware and software technologies
- 12+ years of leadership experience across Engineering, Product, Technology Development and partnerships in relevant domains
- 2+ years’ people management experience or equivalent
- Experience in growing and building teams with a solid track record of delivering
- Experience in the consumer electronics industry, designing and producing devices while working with vendors, JDM partners and contract manufacturers
- Experience developing complex and innovative products across hardware, software, and platforms
- Experience working in fast-paced and iterative product development cycles
- A proven track record creating processes for continuous improvement and scalability within a similar function
- Experience working and innovating in close collaboration with engineering subject matter experts
- Experience in medical device development with a knowledge of 21 CFR and FDA regulations
- Strong communication skills, for delivering plans and ensuring alignment across all teammates, in multiple departments
- A Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Impress us even more:
- A Masters’ degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering
- Experience in product management
- The ability to bridge the inevitable gap between team members coming from consumer, medical device and tech backgrounds
- Experience managing in a software development agile team environment
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.