Join a dynamic team of smart, driven engineers who take ownership and aren’t afraid to ask big questions, as we create the most innovative and relevant digital healthcare platform on the market. Help us build and scale a diverse portfolio of products, including a data science and machine learning platform for healthcare, and an ecosystem of hundreds of thousands of connected IoT devices and mobile apps.
As a Lead Backend Software Engineer, you’ll work with a cross-functional team including Clinical and Product experts to scope, design and implement a suite of products that connect Livongo to doctors, coaches and patients across the nation.
In this role you’ll lead the design and delivery of Livongo backend services that help Livongo members more easily and effectively manage their chronic conditions. You’ll also play an important part in creating software features for our new data cloud services. This is a dynamic role in which you’ll collaborate with outstanding teammates in cross-functional areas. Take advantage of this opportunity to thrive in an exciting, fast-paced and passionate environment in which you’ll be empowered to innovate, ask big questions, think outside the box and truly make a difference.
Put your ingenuity to good use as we lead the digital health revolution together at one of Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare. If you’re passionate about technical innovation and making a direct impact on people’s health and well-being, come join us at our downtown Mountain View office, just a few minutes’ walk from Castro Street.
- Take ownership of our API services and features that:
- Connect biometric and clinical data across multiple health platforms
- Allow doctors and coaches to provide patient care via seamless access to Livongo
- Provide real-time data exchanges for internal teams, including Data Science, Clinical, and Operations
- Develop and support the full product lifecycle of partner integrations
- Provide strategies and solutions for authentication, cross-platform communication, data standards and platform infrastructure
- Harness software frameworks such as Scala, Play, gRPC, OAuth, Kafka, MySQL, Redis, Docker, SMART on FHIR, Akka, Cats, Microservices, Kubernetes, protobuf, RabbitMQ and Redshift
- Contribute to the design and rollout of Livongo's new micro-services platform
Our successful candidate will have:
- 7+ years’ experience in backend software development
- Team leadership experience, or excellent, demonstrated leadership abilities
- Experience managing an Agile team environment
- Strong and varied experience working with platforms, languages and frameworks
- Strong experience with feature development and scalable backends
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills
- Coaching experience, with the ability to recognize and utilize unique strengths in teammates
- Strong communication skills, for delivering recommendations and updates to upper management
- A passion for building rapport, solving problems, and leading decisions in a cross-functional environment
- A drive to meet deadlines and achieve or exceed goals
- Adaptability, creativity, and sharp focus on achieving goals in an ever-changing environment
- A Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline
Impress us even more:
- Experience in design and delivery of advanced platforms, such as SSO, authentication, IoT services, distributed and event-driven workflows
- Experience with microservice or serverless architectures
- Experience with healthcare standards such as FHIR, Blue Button, Apple Health
- Experience with Kafka and Elasticsearch
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.