In this highly-visible role you’ll make significant contributions during a milestone time in our company’s development. You’ll add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of our risk management, control, and governance processes. You’ll develop and lead the internal audit and risk management practices that enable Livongo to make risk-effective decisions that create and sustain value. Acting as an objective source of independent advice, you’ll ensure validity, legality and goal achievement.
For success in this role, you’ll bring a thorough knowledge of accounting, audit and risk management procedures, as well as keen business judgement. We’re looking for an energized and motivated Finance leader with a proven capability to develop strong working relationships with cross-functional partners and various levels of management throughout the company, including the board of directors. Your core competencies will include analytical, presentation, reporting, and organizational skills.
- Set the vision and strategy for Livongo’s Internal Audit function, including supporting enterprise risk management
- Ensure that all requirements of the committee charter of the Audit & Risk Oversight Committee are met, including developing and managing committee agendas/meetings and producing results-driven reports on Internal Audit projects
- Determine our internal audit scope and objectives, and develop annual audit plans
- Lead all efforts related to evaluating, mitigating, and monitoring Livongo’s operational, financial and enterprise strategic risk
- Oversee the annual SOX 404 process and collaborate with the independent external auditor to ensure efficient and effective coverage of financial controls
- In conjunction with a continuous risk assessment process, develop and implement a dynamic audit plan that assesses the design and operating effectiveness of the company’s processes, systems, and controls and focuses on impact, as well as consultative engagements
- Facilitate independent enterprise risk oversight, including performing the annual enterprise risk assessment and monitoring/evaluating how well risks are being managed within the company
- Ensure departmental alignment with organizational objectives across the company, for all matters pertaining to internal audit and risk
- Develop Internal Audit and Enterprise Risk Management tools, practices, and policies
- Maintain a high degree of collaboration and communication with senior management, and the Audit Committee
- Coordinate with other risk management functions (e.g., privacy, regulatory compliance) to ensure complementary efforts, minimize duplication, and maximize effectiveness
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting documentation, reports, data, flowcharts, etc.
- Develop and maintain excellent, collaborative working relationships with external auditors and cross-functional internal teams (Sales, Marketing, Operations, Corporate FP&A, Legal and IT)
Our successful candidate will have:
- 15+ years of accounting and/or audit experience at a global public company and/or Big 4 firm
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration or related field
- 15+ years’ experience leading an Internal Audit function at a global, publicly-traded company, leveraging a variety of audit techniques and approaches to deliver value
- Experience with several risk areas including financial, operational, regulatory compliance, privacy, and cybersecurity
- Auditing certifications, such as the CIA, CPA, CISA or CFSA
- Experience communicating at all levels of leadership including regular audit committee and board interactions
- Experience with U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, and international accounting standards and experience overseeing a global SOX 404 program
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Proven leadership skills, combined with the ability to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- The ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to influence and persuade
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to write clear, concise, accurate and polished analyses and presentations
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and project management skills
- Sound independent judgement
- Familiarity with accounting and financial reporting systems
- A customer-service-oriented approach, with the highest standards for integrity and ethics
- A self-starter approach, paired with a passion for collaboration and teamwork
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and produce under pressure
- The ability to manage ambiguity and push through business challenges
- The flexibility and agility to adapt to change and think on your feet
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to contribute to the Livongo culture (no ivory tower candidates need apply)
- Energy and passion for your work, with a genuine interest in accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.