This is an outstanding career opportunity for a legal expert with the drive to break new ground. As a key member of the Legal team, you’ll be joining us at a milestone time in our company, as we announce our IPO. Reporting to the General Counsel, your responsibilities will cover the entire spectrum of corporate and securities matters that confront a newly-public company. This position is located in Chicago, with quarterly travel to Mountain View and/or San Francisco.
Core competencies that will help ensure your success in this position include:
- Keen business judgment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence decisions
- Strong analytical skills
- A passion for teamwork and collaboration
Livongo has been voted one of the best places to work in healthcare by Fortune Magazine. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment. Come help us make healthcare history as we take this massive leap forward.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state securities and corporate laws, as well as applicable rules and regulations of NASDAQ
- Prepare and review all SEC filings, including Form 10-Ks, Form 10-Qs, Form 8-Ks, Section 16 filings, proxy statements, registration statements, etc.
- Advise on industry organizations that affect public company reporting or compliance, including Sarbanes-Oxley, Dodd Frank, ISS, Glass Lewis, etc.
- Assist the General Counsel with Board of Directors meetings, committee meetings, and annual shareholders meetings, including preparing and drafting minutes, resolutions, approvals, etc.
- Advise on corporate governance, investor relations, tax and treasury-related matters
- Drive key financing activities, including preparing credit documents
- Draft policies, corporate organization documents, and general corporate law matters
- Support M&A transactions
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A JD degree from an accredited U.S. law school and good standing with at least one U.S. state bar
- Strong academic credentials
- At least 5+ years of experience at a top law firm and/or as in-house counsel
- Experience drafting and reviewing SEC filings, including Form 10-Ks, Form 10-Qs, Form 8-Ks, Section 16 filings, and proxy statements
- The ability to conduct due diligence review and draft ancillary documents in mergers/acquisitions
- Experience working with and advising internal clients directly
- Experience providing guidance and practical solutions
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate legal requirements to a non-legal audience
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent business judgment
- Self-motivation and drive, with a passion for teamwork
- Collaboration skills and the ability to partner with and influence cross-functional personnel
Why Join Livongo?
Our Work Truly Matters: Welcome to a new era of healthcare. Livongo combines data science, behavior enablement, and clinical impact to make it easier for people to stay healthy. Our Members seamlessly manage chronic and behavioral health conditions on one platform.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? Livongo’s innovative solution utilizes advanced coaching and real-time, personalized insights to increase Member satisfaction, improve clinical outcomes, and reduce overall healthcare spending. Here you can truly improve people’s lives.
Focus on PEOPLE: Voted one the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Right now. Come help us achieve our mission to make a tangible difference for our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.