This is your opportunity to solve intriguing challenges in digital healthcare engineering. We’re looking for an experienced team manager who takes ownership and is ready to develop break-through solutions and advancements. In this role you’ll design and build apps that help Livongo members more easily and effectively manage their chronic conditions. You’ll also play an important part in creating software features for our new data cloud services.
At Livongo you’ll collaborate with outstanding teammates in cross-functional areas to create the most innovative and relevant digital healthcare platform on the market. You’ll contribute to building and scaling Livongo's diverse backend ecosystem, which supports a community of thousands of health employers and partners, powers our data science and machine learning products, and integrates hundreds of thousands of connected IoT devices and mobile apps.
This is truly a leadership position, so we need someone with both technical skill and an effective management style. For success in this role you’ll have at least three years of management experience and the ability to guide, innovate and thrive in a fast-paced and passionate environment. Come be empowered, ask big questions, think outside the box and truly make a difference.
Your daily contributions will include:
- Providing leadership and growth for a team of software engineers, guiding them toward successful and timely completion of various technical product development projects
- Leading the growth and scalability of our Enterprise Platform, which enables Livongo to launch new customers, enroll and support our users, and connect to doctors and partners
- Collaborating with other talented engineers to design and create software features for Livongo’s new data cloud services
- Managing project deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and allocating resources
- Creating and managing team KPI’s, dashboards, and metrics for success
- Cultivating a productive, strong, and happy culture within the department
- Providing updates, recommendations, and advocacy to leadership on behalf of the department
- Identifying opportunities for new projects and processes, then planning, collaborating, and successfully implementing
- Designing and implementing APIs
- Building software integrations for internal and external users
- Reviewing and upgrading data structures, object-oriented design systems and concurrency algorithms
- Utilizing a wide range of best in class software tools and processes, address technical problems in Livongo’s functional areas such as billing, member enrollment, partner and supplier transactions, etc.
- Collaborating with Product, Design, Data, Operations, and customer-facing teams to optimize technology and efficiency in product development, operations and infrastructure
- Developing new initiatives and continuously streamline the engineering and software development processes
- Harnessing software frameworks such as Scala, gRPC, Kafka, MySQL, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, OAuth, SMART on FHIR
The qualities and experience you bring to the table:
- 7+ years’ experience in backend software development
- 3+ years’ management experience
- A people- and mission-oriented management style, in an Agile team environment
- Strong and varied experience working with platforms, languages and frameworks
- Deep experience with feature development and scalable backends
- A solid understanding of data structures, Object-Oriented Design (OOD), functional programming patterns, and algorithms
- Coaching experience, with the ability to recognize and utilize unique strengths in teammates
- A passion for building rapport, solving problems, and leading decisions in a cross-functional environment
- A drive to meet deadlines and achieve or exceed goals
- Adaptability, creativity, and sharp focus on achieving goals in an ever-changing environment
- Proficiency in Java or Scala
- Solid understanding of REST API's
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills
- Passion, collaboration, and productivity in a cross-functional team environment
- Strong communication skills, for delivering recommendations and updates to upper management, with the ability to communicate succinctly, effectively explaining technical concepts to non-technical personnel
- Adaptability in changing work environments, managing new priorities, new instructions, delays, or unexpected events
- A college degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
Impress us even more:
- Technical experience with microservices and event-driven architecture
- Engineering experience in medical devices or healthcare platforms is a big plus
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.