Join the red-hot field of healthcare technology and enjoy the opportunity to apply technical ingenuity and machine learning expertise to optimize Livongo’s trailblazing member solutions. As our Senior Machine Learning Engineer, your fascinating and effective new approaches to ML will directly impact the health and happiness of our members. Currently we’re working with models and approaches such as LSTMs, VAEs, Doc2Vec, contextual bandits, and reinforcement learning. With these models, your work will drive clinical results and behavior-change outcomes, while reducing healthcare costs. Armed with insightful data, you can personalize member updates and recommendations, while continually improving our platform features.
Leveraging innovative, advanced technology, you’ll contribute to our ability to rapidly expand our product offering, reaching more people, and addressing more health issues. With ML you’ll uncover key insights into member health and behavior, enabling us to personalize the platform for individuals and provide direct, measurable benefits.
- Apply innovative approaches to deploy machine learning models to help Livongo achieve development objectives
- Work with Scala, Python, Tensorflow, Keras to build real-world products using ML
- Collaborate closely on intriguing technical projects with data scientists, data engineers, product managers, design specialists, and clinical researchers
- Identify opportunities and propose new ways to apply ML to solve challenging technical and data engineering problems and thus improve business results
- A proven track record deploying machine learning models to solve challenging technical and software engineering problems on production environments
- Expertise in machine learning theory, as well as practical tricks for working with and delivering training machine learning models
- Experience with the following:
- Infrastructure systems
- Applications in healthcare
- Recommendation engines
- Time-series analysis and signal processing
- IoT devices
- Deep familiarity with the entire ML algorithm life-cycle (modeling approach ideation, data exploration/shaping, training, evaluation, tuning)
- Strong engineering/DevOps habits such as version control, containers, CI (Jenkins, etc.), and JIRA
- Skill delivering ML products quickly, using repeatable but flexible modeling approaches
- Familiarity with the most recent machine learning research, trends and results
- A knack for identifying and experimenting with different technical approaches to creatively solve problems
- Experience designing and building useful, maintainable code
- The ability to balance the need for fast delivery of projects with the need for incremental cleanup and refactoring along the way
- High productivity during collaboration
- Respect for personal privacy and corporate confidentiality
- A passion for building robust, high-quality products that use machine learning
Impress Us Even More?
- Experience building and maintaining production-level ML infrastructure
- Experience collaborating on CI/CD for the machine learning life-cycle
Why Join Livongo?
Our Work Truly Matters: 135 million Americans are suffering from chronic conditions. The associated costs are astronomical. Patients feel helpless, overwhelmed and confused.
Welcome to a new era of health. Livongo pioneered Applied Health Signals to reduce complexity and costliness in the healthcare ecosystem. At the intersection of data science, behavior enablement and clinical impact, Livongo is the first company with the technologies and capabilities to silence Noisy Healthcare. Our platform delivers actionable, personalized, and timely data, empowering our members with chronic conditions to live better and healthier lives.
Make an Impact: Top candidates are attracted to Livongo because they want their work to have impact. They want to accomplish something meaningful. Our innovations are making it easier for our members to stay healthy, with better information, personalized guidance, and less healthcare noise. Already serving more than 600 clients and over 100,000 members, Livongo is delivering unmatched clinical results, industry-leading member satisfaction, and demonstrated cost savings. In other words: yes, here you truly will make a difference.
Focus on PEOPLE: We take care of our members, our clients, and our employees, so success is guaranteed. We bring passion and excitement to the workplace, creating a fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment, powered by smart, fun, passionate individuals with wildly diverse professional backgrounds.
Diversity and Inclusion: Without a doubt, our inclusive environment has made us stronger, as a team and as a company. Our employment decisions are based solely on the candidate’s strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to the candidate’s success in their new position. For more information, see our EEO statement below.
The Next Billion-Dollar Startup: Our growth and innovation to-date has been news-making. We are on the threshold of very big things. Right now. This is the time to join Livongo. Come help us achieve our mission to make a tangible difference, for real people.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.