If you’re an IT leader ready to take ownership of mission-critical operations and objectives, this is a prime opportunity for you to make your mark. In your role as Director of Finance and Business IT Applications, you’ll direct all activities related to the infrastructure and applications that support Livongo’s financial and business objectives. The role will challenge you to exercise analytical prowess as well strategic planning and foresight. We’re looking for you to formulate and implement a cohesive IT strategy to support Livongo’s significant near-term growth and create new standards of excellence for the healthcare industry.
If you’re the person we’re looking for, you’re a high-energy, hands-on leader, passionate about implementing and supporting systems that make a difference internally, and for our customers. This is a leadership position in every sense of the word, enabling you to articulate vision, lead growth, build relationships and implement solutions.
- Support all strategic, enterprise-wide financial and business applications, as well as required infrastructure
- Review Livongo’s current applications and information flow and develop a roadmap for addressing future growth
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to assess, develop and maintain Livongo’s business applications portfolio
- Streamline processes and enable achievement of goals, utilizing existing applications where practical
- Collaborate across the organization for enhancements and M&A / business integrations
- Manage on-going strategic relationships to support enterprise applications
- Report on the ongoing operating state of our accounting systems and serve as SME for finance management
- Define and lead the ITGC roadmap and implementation, and support development of financial controls and procedures
- Oversee stewardship of the company’s financial master data structure, maintaining the design and integrity of the GL reporting structure, and application data models
- Develop and manage project plans and monitor progress against plan, including overseeing outside consultants as needed
- Manage internal procedures, tools, and documents to provide a high level of application integrity and availability
- Design, write, and maintain extensive system documentation, including requirements and design specifications, tests plans and scripts, requirement traceability matrixes, etc.
- Conduct vendor assessments and negotiations for all Finance and business application projects, defining clear SOWs
- Oversee timely and effective releases, patches, issue resolution, etc. for existing business systems
- Participate in any projects where accounting processes, master data and system functions are impacted
- Ensure services are delivered within security and compliance standards (SOX, PCI, GDPR)
- Act as the main support and SME for Finance on monthly close and reporting processes
Our successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 12+ years’ experience leading corporate IT operations, with a focus on developing, deploying and integrating financial and enterprise-wide applications
- The proven ability to lead a team and achieve business goals
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills, with an approachable communications style
- Demonstrated experience assessing end-user issues and requirements
- Experience evaluating the organization-wide impact of application changes
- Thorough knowledge of industry standards and best practices with respect to information flow and security
- Knowledge of the SOX ITGC environment
- Knowledge of financial and operational tracks including Hire to Retire, Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Forecast to Delivery, Financial Plan to Report, and Plan to Inventory
- Extensive knowledge of issues and challenges related to security, segregation of duties (users/roles), SOX compliance, data governance, audit trails, automation of repetitive administrative tasks, creating and maintaining reports, workflows and system configurations
- Experience creating and maintaining detailed system documentation and test scripts
- The ability to present technical concepts in a clear and succinct manner, verbally and in writing
- Outstanding conceptual, analytical and strategic skills with execution capabilities
- A bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline
- An MBA or Master's degree is preferred
Why Join Livongo?
Our Work Truly Matters: Welcome to a new era of healthcare. Livongo combines data science, behavior enablement, and clinical impact to make it easier for people to stay healthy. Our Members seamlessly manage chronic and behavioral health conditions on one platform.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? Livongo’s innovative solution utilizes advanced coaching and real-time, personalized insights to increase Member satisfaction, improve clinical outcomes, and reduce overall healthcare spending. Here you can truly improve people’s lives.
Focus on PEOPLE: Voted one the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Right now. Come help us achieve our mission to make a tangible difference for our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.