Join a passionate, talented tech team building world-class mobile apps, during our tremendous growth trajectory. Here your innovative coding and architecture will have significant social benefits, as you enhance products and platforms that enable people to live healthier, happier lives.
In this Mobile Engineering role you’ll deliver native Android and iOS app experiences, responsive interactions, and powerful mobile UX, helping our members navigate and simplify their health challenges. Our apps are always evolving, with new content and features, and new platforms and integrations key to our goals. Our engineering challenges span from integrating a multitude of Livongo peripherals, to creating real-time communication tools, to delivering dynamic content and personalized experiences for our members.
If you’re our ideal candidate, you have at least 1-2 years of hands-on experience with native mobile apps for the consumer and/or medical space. Other core competencies that will help ensure your success include passion for creating exceptional user experiences, a keen eye for detail, exceptional drive and sense of ownership, and a deep respect for teamwork, with the ability to maintain great working relationships.
We’re making great things happen as we transform healthcare, simplifying people’s lives and saving them money. We want you to be a part of it!
- Work alongside the design and product teams to create a world-class mobile experience
- Serve as technical anchor for our mobile (iOS and/or Android) product offerings
- Develop, release and maintain native and hybrid applications
- Practice agile development cycles and collaborative coding methodologies
- Provide mentorship for peers, sharing knowledge and fostering growth of fellow team members
For success in this role you will have:
- 1+ years of native iOS and/or Android development experience
- Working knowledge of mobile networking stack technology and client-side persistent data storage (SQLite, core data or equivalent)
- Deep understanding of concurrent programming architecture and best practices
- Native UI development experience, especially with respect to device and OS compatibility
- Solid object-oriented design patterns and mentality
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with beta distribution platforms and app store release cycle and processes
- Experience with one or multiple CI systems (Jenkins, Xcode Server, GitLab etc.)
- Experience implementing mobile-centric, scalable and performant RESTful API layers
Why Join Livongo?
The Transformative Name in Healthcare: The transformative industry forces in Community, Content and Commerce are now household names. As Amazon is to Commerce, Livongo is to Healthcare. With our Applied Health Signals engine, AI+AI, we’ve transformed how care is delivered.
Our Work Truly Matters: Livongo’s proprietary, consumer-first technology is revolutionizing the experience of living with a chronic health condition. Our data-driven digital health engine enables our Members to seamlessly manage multiple health conditions on one empowering platform. We use smart, connected devices, personalized digital guidance, and 24x7x365 access to health professionals to make it easier for people to stay healthier.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? To create results that matter? Livongo’s innovative solution produces industry-leading member satisfaction, measurable clinical outcomes and proven healthcare costs savings. Here you can truly improve lives.
The Largest Digital Health IPO in History: We are at a milestone period in our history. On July 25, 2019 we took our company public, in order to elevate and expand the way the industry views us, thus ushering us into a whole new set of mission-critical conversations that will help us accomplish the work still to be done. As we reach new levels of achievement, we accelerate our ability to deliver life-changing services.
Focus on PEOPLE: Livongo has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Leading the industry with our Applied Health Signals category, we have cracked the code to transforming healthcare. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.