Join a team of innovative and passionate data engineers solving intriguing challenges in break-through digital healthcare solutions. With the best practices and technologies at our disposal, we have our eyes set on making a meaningful impact on the lives of millions of people suffering from chronic or behavioral health conditions.
If you’re an experienced senior-level Software Engineer in Data Infrastructure technologies, this is your chance to improve and build out Livongo’s machine learning infrastructure during a time of astronomical growth and product expansion. See your ingenuity put to good use as you develop machine learning and data pipelines that contribute to Livongo’s IP and help us achieve key business objectives. Your work will produce data-driven health-management recommendations for our members, driving behavior change that helps members manage conditions such as diabetes and hypertension.
Leverage your expertise to help us solidify the foundation for future success. Your collaboration with our team of industry innovators and thought-leaders in Product, Clinical and the Leadership team will help Livongo revolutionize the healthcare industry.
- Work with Scala, Python, Tensorflow, Keras, SKL (or Scala/DL4J) to build production-grade machine learning (ML) pipelines and tools
- Work with Spark or Hadoop to build production-grade data pipelines
- Perform continuous integration to ensure that every step of an ML pipeline is testable and automated
- Optimize ML workflow tooling to decrease the time needed to train effective models
- Use trained models to enable rapid experimentation
- Participate in the quarterly planning processes, capturing, inferring and anticipating business needs, and then advocating for the best data/engineering projects to meet those needs
- Integrate best-practice data engineering to optimize Livongo’s backend infrastructure
- Identify opportunities to advance and optimize Livongo’s data quality and analytic rigor, helping increase the operational efficiency of our code base
- Collaborate closely with Livongo’s ML experts, Data Scientists, Product Managers and clinical researchers to build products that help people live better lives
- 5+ years’ experience in software development
- 3+ years in a data engineering role
- Strong SQL development experience (Postgres / AWS Redshift/MySQL)
- Expertise in Scala or Java
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark, and a strong depth of expertise with at least one of these
- Unshakeable (nearly innate) grasp of software engineering fundamentals
- Specific experience creating and maintaining production pipelines
- Specific experience working on data-driven products
- Keen attention to detail and a knack for prioritizing competing objectives
- Analytical intuition coupled with solid business sense
- The ability to solve real-life business problems with data
- Strong communications and collaboration skills
- A self-starter approach, as well as a passion for teamwork
- A passion for using your work to improve lives
- Fundamental respect for all people
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field
Impress us even more
- Experience as a team leader
- Experience in the healthcare industry
Why Join Livongo?
Our Work Truly Matters: Welcome to a new era of healthcare. Livongo combines data science, behavior enablement, and clinical impact to make it easier for people to stay healthy. Our Members seamlessly manage chronic and behavioral health conditions on one platform.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? Livongo’s innovative solution utilizes advanced coaching and real-time, personalized insights to increase Member satisfaction, improve clinical outcomes, and reduce overall healthcare spending. Here you can truly improve people’s lives.
Focus on PEOPLE: Voted one the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Right now. Come help us achieve our mission to make a tangible difference for our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.