- Accurately prepare complex accruals, journal entries, balance sheet and P&L reconciliations as part of the monthly, quarterly and annual close process
- Maintain and balance accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions
- Assist with ongoing account reconciliation and specific projects, ensuring that general ledger accounts are resolved and reconciled
- Pursue business issues that impact the general ledger and evaluate the situation for acceptable solutions
- Propose accounting solutions to management and other affected departments as required
- Work with business partners to generate various accruals for cross-functional departments and overall corporate accounting activities
- Ensure timely preparation and filing of periodic tax returns and related government reporting (property tax, sales/use tax, franchise tax, and census bureau filings)
- Ensure SOX compliance by monitoring accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Prepare schedules and documentation for external audit and various ad hoc and special projects
- Identify and implement process improvements to help reduce time to close and improve upon accuracy of underlying accounting records.
- Continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of Livongo’s accounting processes
- Effectively interact with senior management, external auditors, and various internal departments
- 6-8+ years’ accounting leadership experience in a public company
- Experience with a Big 4 or regional accounting firm
- Corporate accounting and GL close experience
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and practices (U.S .GAAP), internal controls, GL account analyses and financial statement reconciliations
- The ability to research and apply fundamental accounting theories and concepts under US GAAP
- Familiarity with accounting and financial reporting systems
- A natural knack for numbers and efficiency
- Demonstrable experience analyzing and interpreting accounting transactions and financial issues
- Proven leadership skills, combined with the ability to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- A customer-service-oriented approach, with high standards for integrity and ethics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to write clear, concise, accurate and polished analyses and presentations
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- A self-starter approach, paired with a passion for collaboration and teamwork
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and produce under pressure
- The flexibility and agility to adapt to change and think on your feet
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to contribute to the Livongo culture (no ivory tower candidates need apply)
- Energy and passion for your work, with a genuine interest in accounting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting
Impress us even more
- A CPA license
Why Join Livongo?
Our Work Truly Matters: Welcome to a new era of healthcare. Livongo combines data science, behavior enablement, and clinical impact to make it easier for people to stay healthy. Our Members seamlessly manage chronic and behavioral health conditions on one platform.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? Livongo’s innovative solution utilizes advanced coaching and real-time, personalized insights to increase Member satisfaction, improve clinical outcomes, and reduce overall healthcare spending. Here you can truly improve people’s lives.
Focus on PEOPLE: Voted one the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Right now. Come help us achieve our mission to make a tangible difference for our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.