- Own monthly revenue accounting and reporting, in accordance with U.S. GAAP and corporate policies
- Manage and lead the month-end close process, which includes reviewing journal entries, revenue accruals, and account reconciliations (A/R, allowance for bad debt, deferred revenue and sales reserve allowance)
- Manage and lead a team responsible for Billing (including Medical Claims), Eligibility and Cash Collections
- Ensure that revenue recognition is communicated, implemented, and applied consistently
- Provide revenue recognition guidance and interpretations to company revenues, based on authoritative literature and company policies
- Lead the adoption and implementation of ASC-606, working closely with the department VP, external third parties and internal resources
- Work with external auditors to support annual audits and quarterly reviews
- Foster, build and manage productive, proactive business partnerships with cross-functional internal organizations including Sales, Marketing, Operations, Corporate FP&A, Legal and IT
- Work cross-functionally within the organization on new initiatives and special projects such as evolving revenue models, strategic partnership programs and new product launches
- Analyze large client contracts and other significant contracts and transactions, as needed
- Prepare technical memos to summarize revenue issues relevant to major contracts, and provide appropriate conclusions and recommendations
- Drive the technical application of revenue recognition, authoritative literature, and accounting guidance, including advising on deal structure, contract language, accounting consequences and outcomes
- Identify opportunities to improve, automate, streamline and implement Finance process improvements
- Develop best practices, processes and procedures in ERP
- Ensure effective SOX 404 internal controls over the Contract-to-Cash cycle
- Review and document work performed by your team
- NetSuite ERP experience is required
Our Successful candidate will have:
- 7+ years’ experience in Accounting with a publicly-traded company
- Experience with a public accounting firm preferred
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of financial systems
- A thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Proven leadership skills, with experience developing and building teams
- Familiarity with complex revenue recognition transactions (ASC 605 and ASC 606)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical accounting requirements to a non-technical audience
- Strong analytical skills
- Project management skills, with extreme attention to detail
- The ability to shrewdly identify problems and apply strong problem-solving skills to obtain resolution
- Excellent business judgment
- Self-motivation and drive, with a passion for teamwork
- Collaboration skills and the ability to partner with and influence cross-functional personnel
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance, or a Bachelor's in Science with related Accounting/Finance professional experience
- Netsuite ERP experience is required
Impress Us Even More
- A CPA license
- Knowledge and experience in Medical Claims billings (Medicare and Medicaid)
Why Join Livongo?
Our Work Truly Matters: Welcome to a new era of healthcare. Livongo combines data science, behavior enablement, and clinical impact to make it easier for people to stay healthy. Our Members seamlessly manage chronic and behavioral health conditions on one platform.
Make an Impact: Do you want to accomplish something meaningful? Livongo’s innovative solution utilizes advanced coaching and real-time, personalized insights to increase Member satisfaction, improve clinical outcomes, and reduce overall healthcare spending. Here you can truly improve people’s lives.
Focus on PEOPLE: Voted one the Best Places to Work in healthcare, by Fortune Magazine and Best Place to Work! Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative and inspiring environment.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Livongo we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare history, yet we remain on the threshold of very big things. Right now. Come help us achieve our mission to make a tangible difference for our Members.
See photos, watch videos and learn more about Livongo: follow us on Glassdoor.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy (including breastfeeding – we have a mother’s room in both our offices). In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.