WDSE/WRPT is a significant producer of original broadcast and online content for local, regional, and national distribution. This position is responsible for leading, supervising and executing program and content strategies and initiatives that position WDSE•WRPT as a significant, impactful, and trusted organization within the community. It leverages multi-platform capabilities and content creation that are community/regionally focused. Primary responsibility is for leading cross-functional teams responsible for audience development, content creation for multiple platforms, project management, high level of community engagement, revenue generation, and evaluation to fulfill the strategic objectives of the organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Manages Production Department. Supervisory duties include:
- Directly supervises a production staff with an additional staff through subordinate supervisors.
- Responsible for hiring, training and termination of production staff.
- Plans, assigns, and approves work of production staff.
- Responds to employee concerns.
- Prepares and signs performance reviews with salary adjustment recommendations.
- Acts as project manager on productions, monitoring due dates, schedules, and staff assignments.
- Prepares and monitors budgets, contracts, and project development.
- Works with the Director of Engineering to identify and develop workflows and technologies necessary for the success of the production department.
- Provides editorial leadership and direction, in collaboration with the Director of Content, ensuring that content is on-brand, diverse and inclusive of all audiences, consistent in quality, highest journalistic integrity and standards, and optimized for viewer experience.
- Represents WDSE•WRPT as a responsible, informed ambassador locally and nationally.
- Continually engaged in self-education and professionally provided training.
- Other duties as assigned germane to this role.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of professionals in an ever-changing, fast-paced media environment.
- Ability to promote and build a team atmosphere, motivate team members.
- Fiscal oversight and experience developing and managing budgets for organization and for high-dollar initiatives.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with exceptional oral and written clarity.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, conceive, coordinate, manage, implement large media-driven initiatives working with large network of partners and stakeholders.
- Experience following and analyzing emerging developments and trends in the public media
- Familiar with fundraising and development activities
- Strong strategic thinking and analysis capacity.
- Proven ability to quickly gather, learn and analyze information on a variety of topics.
- Ability to prioritize, work independently, under pressure, meet deadlines and take direction.
- Ability and willingness to work a varied schedule.
- Proven leadership ability through organization and community engagement.
- Proven ability to handle public and internal interactions with diplomacy and tact without additional supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere.
- Must present a professional manner and appearance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five years of experience in a non-profit or for-profit media setting with progressive leadership responsibilities (or equivalent combination of education & experience).
- Studio and/or field production experience, oversight of productions from conception to reality.
- Nice to have: Experience on camera
- Nice to have: Editing, Shooting experience
- Sitting for long periods of time.
- Availability beyond regular daytime work hours via phone, e-mail, and in-person.
- Ability to drive.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
WDSE/WRPT is an equal employment opportunity employer. WDSE/WRPT does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.