LiveRamp is the trusted platform that makes data accessible and meaningful. Our services power people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical and customer challenges, and we're always looking for smart, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
ABOUT THIS JOB
Metriql is an open-source metrics store that integrates with dbt for data transformations and metadata and +20 analytics tools to consume the metrics in different environments. It allows companies to have a centralised and organised way of sharing information. It’s originally incubated at Rakam, which was acquired by LiveRamp in 2021. LiveRamp uses Metriql internally for integrations with data warehouses and also maintains the open-source version for the community.
- Be one of the core team members leading the project and shape the long-term vision for the project.
- Work on integrations with downstream/BI tools, SDKs for programming languages or developers tools that will require you to understand how third-party analytics tools work and how to integrate with them.
- Interact with the community in various channels such as Slack and Github, understand and provide solutions to their use-cases.
- Learn and grow in your role and career and be an active community member & contributor.
- Experience writing and deploying high-quality code.
- Solid JVM programming skills; preferably Kotlin but Java, Scala and Clojure are also considered)
- Communication skills to share highly technical information with technical and non-technical teammates.
- Experience with Cloud Data Warehouses such as BigQuery and Snowflake or equivalents.
- Knowledge or interest in ETL tools such as dbt and Airflow.
- Contributions to open-source projects.
- Experience with Python to work on the integrations.
- Significant experience with a variety of Business Intelligence and Analytics tools.
- Experience with SQL engines such as Trino, Duckdb, Apache Calcite, etc.
- Experience writing technical documentation & tutorials for a technical audience.