Sr. Ux Researcher, Safe Haven
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
You'll be part of a research team that can support you in the craft of user research and professional career development. Whether your personal career goals are to learn technologies, explore different research perspectives, or invent research approaches, the research team will help you get there. We believe the best career situations are where you can grow your professional skills while applying them to fascinating problems. The LiveRamp business is growing fast and we like our people to grow with it.
We’re looking for a seasoned user experience researcher who can help us craft user experiences on a global scale in a dynamic and collaborative environment. As Senior Researcher, you will work with designers, technical writers, product managers, and engineers to build the tools and products that help our partners. You will complete studies using a variety of methods including remote usability testing, UX Benchmarking, web analytics, and more. You will collaborate with business partners and design teams to outline research plans, execute research, consolidate findings, and present meaningful insights. We also seek someone with a creative streak, a love for experimentation, and the desire and skills to deliver quickly. If you are a problem solver with a strong sense of curiosity that is grounded in cognitive sciences, this could be the role for you!
No day is ever the same at LiveRamp, but the responsibilities of your day-to-day job would include the following:
- Represent the needs of LiveRamp customers or partners and their end-users associated with LiveRamp's products, competing products, or future concepts.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders including designers, other researchers, and product managers to identify objectives, goals, timelines, and research execution plan.
- Execute various types of primary research and analysis, from early discovery, usage, and needs, through product design validation.
- Apply appropriate research techniques and methods for the specific project. Methods such as individual customer interviews, focus groups, diary studies, journey mapping, user flows, information architecture definition, wireframing and others to aid in the formulation of insights that improve product functionality and user experience.
- Develop strategic research plans including discussion guides and other study materials.
- Partner closely with Product Management to influence product strategy and roadmaps with validated user research findings.
- Collaborate on feature definition and user story creation as needed.
- Work collaboratively inside a cross-functional team, effectively integrating your research into the product definition and design phases.
- Influence architectural design tasks such as user flows, information architecture definition, wireframing, etc. with the aim of communicating design opportunities to the broader Design and Product teams.
- Text analysis and coding of open-end responses which might include product feature requests, problem reports, discussion forums, and community discussions.
- Analyze and synthesize data in order to generate strategic and tactical insights with actionable recommendations that drive product improvements, innovations, and customer experience improvements.
- Prepare reports of findings, create PowerPoint and Excel reports, explain methods used and insights learned, and present research results to key stakeholders and leadership
- Promote LiveRamp products and the Design group within the greater design community through speaking, paper submission, and other channels.
- Proven track record influencing product direction with actionable customer insights for enterprise SaaS products.
- 7+ years of work experience in UX, product design, and UX research with a history of growing responsibility and leadership within successful organizations.
- Experience using your UX research artifacts to resolve and remove roadblocks and help teams deliver on outcomes, avoid churn, and strengthen relationships between individuals, teams, and their end-users.
- Type S(tartup) personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and proactive (no exceptions)
- Desire to work remotely or in San Francisco
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Social Science or related field
- 5+ years of work experience, including experience integrating user research into product designs.
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Experience working with large scale data sets (logs, surveys, experimental design)
- Experience with R or Python, and SQL
- Effective interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Experience in the Adtech industry and research within data-rich products
- Experience with business intelligence or data visualization products
- Experience with telemetry and instrumentation data analysis
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, paid holidays, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, long term care, accident and critical illness insurance, pre-tax accounts (health, dependent and commuter), and a family forming benefit through Carrot. Plus Milk Stork, backup child and elder care, and discount on pet insurance, mental health support (via Talkspace)
- FlexPerks reimbursement program to provide flexibility and choice ($375/quarter) for fitness, emotional, financial, family, travel and entertainment, convenience and security expenses. (U.S. LiveRampers)
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead. Also Employee Stock Purchase Plan - 15% discount off purchase price of LiveRamp stock (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we prove you with equipment and tools to be your most productive self, no matter where you're located
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.