LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The DBOps team’s mission is to design, develop and maintain highly available, performant and scalable data infrastructure solutions that powers the data applications our customers use at the petabyte size. We are currently looking for highly motivated individuals to be part of our team in modernizing and optimizing our systems to handle the demands of real-time data processing and at scale.
- Design and implement the infrastructure to be able to handle data processing in real-time and at scale.
- Secure the data infrastructure by implementing policies and auditing solutions that will ensure only authorized users have access to the specific data they need.
- Maintain and ensure the uptime and high availability of our databases and other data infrastructure by automating maintenance tasks such as data backup, data archiving, table partitioning, server monitoring and others.
- Troubleshoot data infrastructure issues and respond to alerts.
- Work with development teams to analyze and optimize the performance of queries used by different applications.
- Evaluate new and emerging data infrastructure technologies to make data processing faster and more efficient.
Your team will:
- Provide an advanced scalable and modern data infrastructure to make it possible to process streaming data in real-time and at scale.
- Continuously evaluate and implement innovative technologies to ensure a highly available and highly secure data infrastructure.
- Provide support to different teams in the company to develop and implement the best practices for efficiently processing and securing data.
- 5+ years of experience in designing, managing and maintaining various database technologies in the cloud or on prem and least 2+ years’ experience is working on Big Data platform
- Experience working with NoSQL Databases such as ScyllaDB, Cassandra or Dynamodb
- Experience working with streaming and distributed data architectures such as RedPanda and Apache Kafka
- Experience in managing and maintaining relational databases such as MySQL, Percona DB, Postgres, SQL Server
- Experience with building highly scalable and available database systems using database clustering, caching or proxying
- Solid understanding of SQL query optimization, execution plan analysis and the database query engine
- Understanding of large-scale data processing systems
- Experience with Cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with Terraform or other tools for building Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field or commensurate work experience
- Experience with data processing platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, and Pig
- Stream processing - Spark streaming, Apache Storm, Flink
- Modern datastores such as Scylladb, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Understanding of automated QA needs related to Big Data
- Experience as a formal tech lead
- Solid programming skills in Java or Scala
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, paid holidays, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, life, disability, long term care, accident and critical illness insurance, pre-tax accounts (health, dependent and commuter), and a family forming benefit through Carrot. Plus Milk Stork, backup child and elder care, and discount on pet insurance, mental health support (via Talkspace)
- FlexPerks reimbursement program to provide flexibility and choice ($375/quarter) for fitness, emotional, financial, family, travel and entertainment, convenience and security expenses. (U.S. LiveRampers)
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead. Also Employee Stock Purchase Plan - 15% discount off purchase price of LiveRamp stock (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we prove you with equipment and tools to be your most productive self, no matter where you're located
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.