Senior Data Scientist, Safe Haven
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
LiveRamp is currently ramping up its Safe Haven business in the U.S. and is in need of skilled data scientists who can tell our customers a story with their data. You’ll work directly with our largest and most complex clients’ datasets and data teams to help them derive value from the newly unlocked potential that Safe Haven provides them. In this capacity you will work with vast amounts of data ranging from retail transaction data to online exposure data and you’ll help our customers see the trends and paint a picture of what it all means.
- Work efficiently with client data and analytics partners to define, configure, extract, aggregate, analyze, package, synthesize, and share data, results, and actionable insight to support client campaigns, products, or business decisions
- Act as an advertising and retail measurement data subject matter expert (SME):
- Build up a strong understanding and expert knowledge of the various data sources and methodologies brought together for LiveRamp data sharing solutions – retail transaction data, 1st-party CRM data, ad exposure and response data, and 3rd-party data provider attributes (demographics, psychographics, lifestyle segments)
- Collaborate with client and capability teams on how to creatively leverage this rich data asset for their respective insight, segmentation, measurement, and activation needs
- Identify data gaps and advocate for additional data sources to meet unmet marketplace need(s)
- Build and foster positive reputation with client-facing delivery teams and Product & Engineering teams to successfully collaborate on designing, building, and launching analytical solutions
- Be an analytical approach artisan:
- Outline pragmatic solutions to answering insight needs with an eye toward balancing quantitative rigor, data incompleteness, and timelines conducive to rudimentary vs. sophisticated methods
- Provide input to Product and Engineering teams on cross-format planning & measurement analysis requirements and possible solution paths
- Prepare and present compelling analytical presentations and effectively communicate (both in writing and verbally) complex concepts to marketing and business audiences
- Regularly work with the internal data science teams in engineering to provide input to the data science product roadmap and bring the knowledge of upcoming advances in our identity and products into data science
- Be part of the community of customer-facing data science consultants located internationally to share knowledge and ensure consistency across LiveRamp in our data science related services
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other data analysts/scientists where necessary
Your team will:
Help customers make sense of datasets from across the ecosystem and find meaningful value in sharing data with Safe Haven.
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Predictive Analytics or other quantitative discipline (Master’s Preferred)
- 6+ years of work experience in a data science role ideally in a professional services environment: digital advertising, database marketing, or interactive/ technology consulting
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in data extraction and manipulation using tools such as SQL, Hive/ Impala/ Redshift/ BigQuery with minimal supervision
- 4+ years of hands-on experience with scripting languages such as Python, PySpark, Spark, and/ or R for statistical modeling
- Solid understanding of current data science best practices and technology stacks
- Experience generating consistently accurate, statistically sound analysis and interpreting, translating and synthesizing data into actionable insights in the form of reports, dashboards and client ready presentations
- Hands-on experience working with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Looker and/or others with minimal supervision
- Hands on experience with propensity modeling, lookalike modeling and segmentation
- Understanding of various omni-channel campaign measurement methodologies
- Experience integrating multiple data sources (1st-party, 3rd-party, media activity) and utilizing creative analytical approaches to answer client audience insight or performance questions
- 2+ years of experience interfacing directly with clients and being able to present complex analytical material in an easy-to-understand manner
- Experience with cloud computing services such as GCP
- Attention to detail and time management - delivering high quality, client-ready work for multiple projects across several client engagements while meeting deadlines
- Knowledgeable of the media planning, measurement, and optimization process and acumen (both online and offline)
- Proficient with the application of analytic methods in digital and mobile channels
- Proficient with direct and/or interactive marketing test design
- Demonstrated history of innovation with emerging ad platforms, data, measurement, or analysis techniques
- Understanding of LiveRamp’s role in the market and the broader AdTech/MarTech space
- Data privacy/security and related governance processes (Privacy Impact Assessment, CCPA, GDPR, etc.)
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and a fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we help you set up your home office (Home-based LiveRampers)
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.