LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The Data Lake team provides cutting edge data management and segmentation solutions to our customers at petabyte scale. We are now evolving our system to the next level for both batch and real-time use cases on a modern stack. You will immediately have an impact in solving our most challenging problems.
- Work on a massively scalable data management system that performs stateful operations on petabytes of data and real time segmentation with accurate counts for people-based marketing. If you enjoy advanced query processing engines, indexing strategies, and database engines in general, this could be a fit.
- Tackle challenging problems such as implementing SOA and Kubernetes at scale, reliably coordinating thousands of jobs per day, and overhauling our data tier on GCP and beyond.
- Own product features from the development phase through to production deployment.
- Evaluate big data technologies and prototype solutions to improve our data processing architecture.
Your team will:
- Provide advanced data lake and segmentation capabilities to our internal and external customers.
- Iterate on our next gen architecture as we aim to support streaming and real-time use cases.
- Discover and deliver innovative solutions to our customers’ most difficult challenges at mind-boggling scale.
- 5+ years of experience writing and deploying production code of which at least 2+ years’ experience is working on a Big Data platform
- Experience with data processing platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig
- Deep understanding of large-scale data processing systems
- Solid programming skills in Java or Scala
- Understanding of automated QA needs related to Big data
- Experience with Cloud providers like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field or commensurate work experience
- Spring Boot
- Stream processing - Spark streaming, Apache Kafka, Apache Storm, Flink
- Search indexing such as Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Elasticsearch
- Modern datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak, Azure Cosmos DB, Aerospike
- Experience as a formal tech lead
- Designing and implementing interfaces and infrastructure for large volume services and RESTful APIs
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and a fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we help you set up your home office (Home-based LiveRampers)
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco and/or from home (remote-eligible roles)
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.