Software Engineer - Backend
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanity—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
We on the Pixel Serving team are part of the Identity Engineering team at LiveRamp. We ingest and provide real time identity data, which connects the billions of different identifiers for consumers and the devices they use online. Help us process the tens of billions of requests we receive every single day as efficiently as possible.
- Build and enhance real time APIs that allow processing and exchanging identity data
- Scale these APIs across the globe
- Reduce and maintain reasonable hosting costs
- Ensuring APIs meet high SLAs
Your team will:
- We develop mainly in Golang, partly in Java, and also use Terraform, Kubernetes, Gazette and Hadoop. We will use new technologies and languages if they help us better solve a problem.
- We follow a Scrum methodology
- We own the largest data streaming platform at LiveRamp
- We own both the data streaming system, and API applications that publish to it, making us fully aware of the use cases we help solve
- Have 2+ years of experience writing and deploying high performance production code to deliver business value.
- Have a passion for writing efficient real time code and building large-scale distributed systems.
- Have a startup personality: smart, ethical, friendly, and productive.
- Have a product-oriented mindset: you like offering technical solutions to business problems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with Google Cloud technologies (Kubernetes, BigTable)
- Experience with designing and implementing interfaces and infrastructure for large volume services and APIs.
- Experience with stream processing - Kafka, Google Pub/Sub, Spark streaming, Apache Storm, Flink.
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- RampRemote: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across eight countries and four continents.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.