LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The Global Ingestion team owns the crucial part of our LiveRamp system where customers first upload or channel their data to.
- We are a critical component of LiveRamp’s vision to become a global platform for connected data, aiming to provide an intuitive self service user interface for our customers to upload, connect or start ingesting their data efficiently.
- We receive and process hundreds of billions of records (120TB of data) daily from various sources.
- We parse, validate, anonymize and normalize the data to a standard format to enable use by a diverse set of downstream applications.
- We take data ethics and security seriously throughout our pipeline, ensuring compliance to relevant privacy laws and security certifications.
- Lead the team to build the next generation global ingestion platform from the ground up and migrate existing complex use cases into that system. In its completion, the global ingestion platform will be empowering data connectivity in global markets (US, EU, APAC, etc).
- Work with a team of supportive and passionate software engineers.
- Architect and implement systems that materialize our platform vision.
- Resolve technical issues for internal and external customers.
- Be a coach to other engineers on the team, helping them succeed in their current role while preparing them for future roles.
- Perform code reviews and design reviews for other engineers on the team.
- Have an impact across the entire product and engineer org by leading technical discussions in the architecture board, evangelizing best practices, standards, and mentoring engineers and engineering teams.
- Have an impact in the broader industry by representing LiveRamp to speak at events and conferences.
Your team will:
- Build and support best in class Global Ingestion systems with an emphasis on top-notch user experience and intuitive self-service workflows.
- Design and implement next generation data pipelines to efficiently handle Petabytes of batched or real time streaming data at a global scale.
- Uphold our data ethics and security standards to meet or exceed customer expectations and global government regulations.
- Stay nimble and respond quickly to emerging technologies and opportunities.
- 10+ years of experience in the fields of software engineering (backend)
- 2+ years of experience using cloud based platform such as GCP, AWS, Azure or similar technologies
- Track record of leading and delivering large scale, cross-team, cross-functional projects, enjoy collaborating on an agile development team and have empathy for teammates and customers.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and experience working with a remote, global team.
- Have a passion for building large-scale distributed systems and are comfortable writing maintainable, extensible, scalable and high performance code.
- Have a startup personality and enjoy working as part of a team: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, and productive.
- You love mentoring junior engineers, leading end-to-end development and release of an application or service, deploying software that conforms to best practices.
- Comfortable evaluating and adapting to the latest tools and technologies.
- Not afraid of “getting your hands dirty” and quickly iterating with evolving requirements from customers.
- Proficient in one or more compiled languages, preferably Java, Scala, Go or C++.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree
- Experience with GCP products such as BigTable, BigQuery, Dataproc, PubSub or other data tools like Spark, Kafka, Hive, or Apache Beam
- Experience with development tools such as Terraform, Kubernetes, Helm, or Gradle
- Experience with designing and implementing interfaces and infrastructure for large scale systems and RESTful APIs
- Contributions to open source projects
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and a fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we help you set up your home office (Home-based LiveRampers)
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco or remote
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.