LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanity—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
Marketers are looking for ways to engage audiences with a personalized experience across multiple platforms. Our Platform Services team is responsible for helping scale various revenue-driving applications while building the technology stack for the future. We collaborate closely with various internal applications (e.g., LiveRamp’s core onboarding business, as well as growth businesses in Measurement, TV, Data Marketplace, Safe Haven, Healthcare, etc…). Our mission is to build a scalable, future proof stack that fuels revenue growth while achieving the product vision of becoming a true API-first, PaaS, cloud native platform. We are at the heart of the company’s transformation, and are looking for experienced leaders that thrive in chaos and love to build disruptive products. The Lead PM of Tooling & Standards will be central to defining API standards, clarifying product strategy, executing against a clearly defined roadmap, defining workflows, and building a developer portal to accelerate LiveRamp’s position as an API-first platform.
Successful candidates will:
- Collaborate with x-functional leaders to define a clear and measurable product strategy
- Understand customer needs and use them to inform clear product priorities
- Take accountability for delivering against a roadmap, leveraging product management and agile development best practices
Specifically, you will:
- Define API standards: Leverage industry expertise to clearly define API standards, driving internal alignment and consistency, enabling consistent API adoption.
- Refine workflows: Define, standardize and optimize various workflows and tooling to drive API reliability and adoption.
- Build a developer portal: Define requirements for and deliver a world-class developer portal that drives 3p app adoption leveraging complete, self-service documentation. Define necessary support (e.g., marketing, services) and technology (e.g., SDK) required to drive scaled adoption.
- Build a developer community: Influence the development of required internal capabilities (e.g., service org)
- Set Vision: Create and articulate a long-term product vision and strategy that cements LiveRamp as a critical, API-first platform vital to existing customers and developer personas.
- Influence Product Team and Execution:
- Influence & empower world-class product managers with tools & standards
- Establish culture to reliably translate requirements into product delivery
- Establish business-outcome-based OKR prioritization and roadmap in collaboration with Sales, Product Marketing, Legal, Engineering, etc....
- Guide and mentor team members to navigate complex dependency management and make short and long term trade-offs across multiple products / stakeholders.
- Create alignment on priority and approach: Drive alignment on how API tools & standards are defined and deployed.
- Work with Commercial Leaders (Sales, Marketing, Ops) to understand customer needs, market trends and to align on product roadmap
- Work with CTO and Engineering Leadership to build technology that maximizes customer value and creates the desired customer experience
- Work with various other functions to deliver product and revenue end-to-end, e.g., Product Marketing, Legal, Operations
Your team will:
- Translate executive vision into action. i.e., move the entire company and tech stack towards self-service SaaS, API first, (selectively PaaS), cloud native, scalable products
- Deliver revenue growth of multiple applications, e.g., B2C, TV
- Be accountable leaders. We deliver what we say we will deliver, and communicate clearly with all functions at all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a product management leader.
- Experience defining API tooling & standards.
- Technical depth - understanding APIs, full stack, systems architecture, adtech ecosystem
- Experience in digital advertising market working with advertisers and/or agencies and experience with internet-enabled TV advertising.
- Experience working collaboratively with multi-functional, distributed teams in multiple time zones. Ability to listen, articulate positions, and advocate designs.
- Track record of successfully launching and scaling SaaS and PaaS platforms across markets. Demonstrating clear data-driven insights combined with instinct for knowing what internal / external stakeholders want, resulting in outstanding product results.
- Track record of success in the full lifecycle of product management. Includes both product strategy and execution, from defining customer needs to defining clear user stories, priorities, engineering delivery and go-to-market.
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, demonstrating an entrepreneurial drive.
- Ability to influence without authority, working with technical and cross-functional teams who do not report into this role to get things done.
- Customer focus. Experience working closely with sales, SVP/C suite as well as specific partnerships to clearly define customer needs and product opportunities.
- Known to take ownership of outcomes through working with others and stay accountable to actions
- Ability to turn ambiguous problem spaces into clear solutions.
- You can write queries where needed or are open to learning. You will not create software, but you will work with software engineers, and you may perform analyses.
- Optional experience in AI/ML.
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- RampRemote: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco (other locations or remote will also be considered for the ideal candidate)
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across eight countries and four continents.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.