LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanity—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
In this role, you will help on one of LiveRamp’s most important initiatives - driving the success of publisher and platform adoption of the Authenticated Traffic Solution (ATS). You will be responsible for educating publishers on our offering, mapping out and explaining complex ecosystem workflows, working through publisher objections and concerns and getting publishers to implement and deploy ATS
You’ll work closely with our Publisher Business and Account Development, Product and Technical Services and other teams to ensure we’re able to rapidly deploy publishers and their ecosystem partners to use the ATS service. You’ll need to develop strong relationships with the technical and product leads at our publishers and be seen as their trusted advisor for LiveRamp products and service and overall ecosystem identity.
In addition, we will ask you to help shape product development by creating workflows that will become product lines. Work closely with clients to gather requirements and explore solutions.
- Understand business problems to find the best technical solution among all possible.
- Design and deliver new workflows, tests, and POCs for clients, and make recommendations
- Partner with Business and Account Development as the technical arm of relationship selling.
- Develop deep relationships with the client’s technical teams and respect from their commercial organizations
- Develop expertise regarding internal tools and administration
- Describe structure, characteristics, behavior, and other aspects of the technology to project stakeholders
- Establish & maintain internal relationships with adjoining teams to ensure seamless external experience
- Advise teams on customer feedback, PoV and effectiveness of collateral
- Document in SFDC customer business objectives, workflow diagrams and success criteria
- Participate in the creation and delivery of customer facing presentations (QBRs, Pitches, etc.)
- Conduct / participate in opportunity pre & post mortems, assisting with documentation
- Assists with account planning and whitespace analysis
- 7-10 years in an external client-facing role (e.g. consulting, finance, sales, etc.), great EQ is essential.
- Prior experience in Solution(s) Role particularly in the Ad Tech/header bidding space
- Scrappiness. We don't have all the answers, but you'll need to find them.
- Excellent communication skills internally and externally. Prompt response and action when needed, people rarely need to follow up with you.
- Type S(tartup) personality: smart, ethical, friendly, cross-functional, hardworking and proactive, no exceptions
- Desire to work in San Francisco.
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or other quantitative field
- Ability to work in ambiguous environments with little direction
- Technical experience with analytical tools, methodologies and design
- Willingness and desire to learn and adopt new skills - both technical and non-technical - in order to craft and deliver the best solutions.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony. Flexible paid time off, remote work opportunities, and paid parental leave.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Whole Health Package. Medical, dental, vision and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings. Our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- Commuter Subsidy. $75 per month to be used toward commuter cards, monthly parking, rideshare pools, or metro/bus passes.
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco!
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.