LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We believe connected data has the power to change the world. Our platform powers insights and experiences centered around the needs of real people, and in ways that keep the Internet open for all. LiveRampers thrive on building together with curiosity and humility—and have a good bit of fun along the way. We’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to grow our team and impact.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
We are looking for a business-minded Privacy Counsel to support LiveRamp’s Data Ethics Program and provide guidance on the development of certain products, services, and even privacy-preserving technologies. This role will report to the Managing Privacy Counsel.
- Understand the “big picture” view of privacy risks and data governance and protection and how it aligns with LiveRamp’s overall business strategy.
- Conduct privacy analysis related to new client requests, products, product enhancements, changes to workflows and new use cases.
- Stay abreast of relevant legislation, regulatory requirements, guidelines, and industry developments relating to data protection, privacy, security, and data governance.
- Conduct research and produce guidance related to proposed business activities.
- Manage, conduct, and collaborate on legal, privacy, and compliance reviews and audits.
- Discuss privacy-related matters with clients.
- Help develop and manage internal controls relating to privacy legal frameworks.
- Manage deadlines and handle complex escalations in a fast-paced and demanding work environment.
- Take guidance from direct leadership and work with the business to ensure it is implemented appropriately at the product-level.
Your team will:
Provide expert privacy guidance to enable LiveRamp's data products and services.
- An understanding of data protection, data governance, and privacy
- Experience completing critical analysis, review and editing of written documents
- Must be able to identify and understand corporate legal risks
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner to develop strong working relationships with the business and key stakeholders to facilitate data compliance
- Self-motivated and eager to dive into the business, data workflows, and technology
- Comfort navigating ambiguity
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable expressing a point of view and influencing change, as appropriate
- 3+ years in data protection and governance
- University degree
- IAPP certifications or other similar privacy certifications (preferred)
- Law degree, JD candidate, or equivalent experience
- Attorney license in good standing in at least one US state
- Experience in IT, data protection, information security, privacy technologies, technology, marketing, and/or advertising technology.
- Experience providing expert legal guidance in the corporate environment
- Knowledge about self-regulatory frameworks of IAB, NAI, DAA, ANA.
- Knowledge about privacy law such as GDPR or CCPA/CPRA
- Knowledge of consent mechanisms like consent strings, consent management platforms, how consumer choice signals are transferred between parties.
- Knowledge of any of the following: CTV, OTT, digital advertising, advertising technology, privacy preserving technologies.
- People: Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Fun: We host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: Flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: Medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and a fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: Our 401K matching plan—1:1 match up to 6% of salary—helps you plan ahead (U.S. LiveRampers)
- RampRemote: A comprehensive office equipment and ergonomics program—we help you set up your home office (Home-based LiveRampers)
- Location: Arkansas (Little Rock or remote location)
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents. Click here to learn more about Diversity, Inclusion, & Belonging (DIB) at LiveRamp.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
This position requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination due to the nature of work (i.e. required travel, etc.).
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.