Staff Big Data Engineer
LiveRamp is looking for a Staff Big Data Engineer for our Big Data Engineering team. This team is responsible for building, operating, and managing LiveRamp’s Big Data Infrastructure and related tools and applications. Our data infrastructure team operates one of the largest Hadoop deployments in the world, with 90,000 CPUs, 300TB of memory, and 30 PB of storage. Our projects range from working with leading edge cloud-native services to big data cloud infrastructure to reliability instrumentation and monitoring. This position will report to the Manager for the Big Data Team and partner closely with other technical leads in engineering.
We’re looking for someone that has technical breadth and depth in Big Data processing tools and framework. You will act as a thought leader, mentor and facilitator, while offering guidance to technical teams on Big Data Infrastructure tooling and best practices. In this role, you will have the opportunity to create industry best practices for custom built or off the shelf solutions in a big data environment.
- Develop and automate large scale infrastructure to support high-performance data processing systems (batch and real time), Analytics and AI/ML
- Lead and collaborate with technical, application and security leads to deliver a reliable and secure Big Data infrastructure tools and technologies like Spark, CDAP, Dataproc, Presto, Kafka, Tensorflow
- Recruit, hire, scale and act as a leader within a growing team of engineers
- Be actively involved in strategic direction and product decisions for an emerging technologies
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork
- Your team supports solutions for the entire LiveRamp organization based in California, New York, Paris, London and Nantong, China
- You have a minimum of 8+ years of hands-on Software Development experience in one of the languages - Python, Go, Java or Scala.
- You have 2+ years of hands on experience in managing and optimizing Big Data ecosystems such as Spark, Hadoop/MR, Kafka
- You have experience designing and deploying high performance systems with reliable monitoring and logging practices.
- You have strong technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, and reliability practices
- You excel in undefined environments and get excited about finding solutions to complex technical challenges, and then building them.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.