Senior Software Engineer - Measurement Team
LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanity—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
As a Senior Software Engineer with LiveRamp’s Measurement team, you will bring this vision to life by building systems that provide enterprise clients with unique insights into their data and help them solve some of their biggest problems. You’ll collaborate with other engineers to execute on a range of measurement initiatives. This includes working with petabytes of data under management, developing applications, executing workflows, running analytics and producing enriched visualizations and data artifacts - all in a safe, privacy-compliant environment.
- Build, operate, and optimize large distributed systems built on Google’s Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Work on automated systems and workflows that join multiple billion row datasets to extract unique value.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and other LiveRamp teams to expose actionable insights to marketers.
- Introduce technology innovations to keep LiveRamp on the cutting edge of industry tools and best practices.
- Push your teammates to become stronger engineers. They will do the same for you.
- At times, work directly with clients and partner organizations to help develop solutions and products.
Your team will:
- Work with a wide range of marketing-related data including online campaigns, connected TV, social media, and sales transactions
- Perform analysis on client data joined with other datasets to produce visualizations, reports and data artifacts that provide clients deeper information about their marketing efforts that they are unable to get elsewhere
- Own services that power Measurement workflows for internal and external consumptionSupport clients to execute and adjust their marketing campaigns based on the insights provided by the team
- Have 4+ years experience developing server applications in a production environment
- Must have API development, Kubernetes, Docker, either Java/Scala or Python
- 4+ years experience processing large amounts of data in a production environment
- Experience working in cloud/container/serverless environments (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Have written production level code in at least one compiled language (Java, C++, Go, etc), one interpreted language (Python, Ruby, etc) and one data query language (SQL, GraphQL, SPARQL, etc)
- Are a data enthusiast who gets excited looking into rich, interesting data and extracting value from it
Have written production level code in executing data workflows using platforms such as Apache Airflow, Apache CDAP
- Enjoy learning new technologies and approaches. You will absolutely work with technologies new to you.
- Have a startup personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and creative.
- Eager to learn and apply the latest in data processing (BigQuery, Apache CDAP, Airflow)
- Strong desire to visualize interesting data using tools such as Looker, Tableau, etc.
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- RampRemote: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
- Location: offices in SF and Boston, a strong presence in Seattle, and opportunities for remote work in the USf
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across eight countries and four continents.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.