OPI, Staff Software Engineer LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the world’s data safely and effectively, advancing innovation, and empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs and concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands and products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanity—and we’re always looking for smart, kind, and creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
The Outbound Platform Integration Team is a crucial point of execution within the LiveRamp systems.
- We are a critical component of LiveRamp’s vision to become a global platform for connected data.
- OPI is responsible for shipping data out of LiveRamp. We process and deliver over 250 TB every day to over 500 integrations, consisting of about a trillion records.
- We abstract away the outside world from the rest of LiveRamp and allow other teams to produce data in a single standardized format, which we then convert into whatever our partners and customers expect - whether that’s a CSV file dropped into an S3 bucket, JSON blobs streamed into their API, or anything in between.
- We enable flexible and smart format configurations.
- We take data ethics seriously throughout our pipeline.
- Work with a team of supportive and passionate software engineers.
- Architect and implement systems that materialize our platform vision.
- Have an impact across the entire product and engineering org by leading technical discussions in the architecture board, evangelizing best practices, and mentoring engineers and engineering teams.
- Have an impact in the broader industry by representing LiveRamp to speak at events and conferences.
- Track record of leading and delivering large scale, cross-team, cross-functional projects.
- Passion for building large scale systems and writing high-performance code.
- Deep knowledge of Big Data, such as Hadoop and Spark.
- Strong knowledge of Core Java.
- You love mentoring junior engineers and implementing best practices.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Startup personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and productive.
- Not afraid of “getting your hands dirty” and quickly iterating with evolving requirements from external partners.
- 8+ years of experience in the field of software engineering (backend).
- 3+ years of RESTful Web Service experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree or experience.
- Experience with GCP or another cloud provider (AWS, Azure, ...)
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Cadence
- Experience with Scala
- Contributions to open source projects
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, options for working from home, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- Stock: Be a stakeholder in our future.
- RampRemote: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
- Location: work in the heart of your own home!
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across nine countries and four continents.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.