Machine Learning Engineer - Data Plus Math
LiveRamp is the trusted platform that makes data accessible and meaningful. Our services power people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical and customer challenges, and we’re always looking for smart, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
We are looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to join our team and help us revolutionize the way TV advertising is measured. The ideal candidate is someone with experience working closely with data scientists and turning their models into scalable production code and systems. You will support and interface with our scientists, data engineers, architects and analysts to ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Work hand-in-hand with our data science team to help them iterate over new models and new data sets rapidly and make those models operational for production.
- Design self-running software to automate predictive models.
- Design, develop and maintain the machine learning infrastructure that will power the next generation of our research and production.
- Build infrastructure required for optimal ingestion, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud agnostic technologies.
Your team will:
Consist of a cross-functional mix of Software Engineers and Data Scientists working closely to develop the next generation models that will power our TV Measurement platform.
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering capacity
- Master's degree or higher, preferably, with a concentration in a computational field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or other Engineering discipline
- Advanced math skills (linear algebra, Bayesian statistics, group theory)
- Experience implementing machine learning models, data pipelines and testing frameworks for research and production use.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience with object-oriented/object-functional scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience processing large datasets using parallel, elastic, streaming and/or batch techniques (e.g. experience with Spark and or Presto a big plus).
- Experience working on multiple clouds a plus (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured data sets.
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Scikit-Learn, PyTorch or Keras
- Good understanding of database internals, query processing and query optimization
- Experience using object-relational mapping (ORM) frameworks
- A desire to solve business problems with technology.
- Great communication skills and the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional character
- Interest, willingness and demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new technology quickly
- A self-starter who brings energy, passion, and creativity to work every day
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, remote work opportunities, and paid parental leave.
- Stock: every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- Commuter Subsidy: $75 per month to be used toward commuter cards, monthly parking, rideshare pools, or metro/bus passes.
- Location: work in the heart of Boston
More about us:
LiveRamp’s mission is to connect data in ways that matter, and doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds and experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas and one another is one of our guiding principles—one that that informs how we hire, train, and grow our global team across eight countries and four continents.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.