LiveRamp is the trusted platform that makes data accessible and meaningful. Our services power people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical and customer challenges, and we’re always looking for smart, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy to connect the world’s data, people, and applications.c
ABOUT THIS JOB
LiveRamp is looking for a Senior Deal Desk Manager to join the LiveRamp team, and to support our rapid growth.
This role will oversee the management of deals through the deal review process to ensure quality assurance, business, operational and SLA compliance and optimal deal structure and pricing response. Our deal desk acts as an escalation point on deal exceptions, more difficult structuring issues and global deal desk coordination.
The successful candidate will be outgoing and comfortable building cross-functional relationships, and will demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance and proposing solutions. They will review deal financials, pricing and business risk while maximizing value to LiveRamp. Our deal desk supports our teams by providing discount, margin guidance and deal structuring advice based upon their expert understanding of the overall deal portfolio, business strategy and competitive situation.
They will effectively resolve and champion conflicts arising between internal operational processes and customer needs, and ensure appropriate expertise, review and approvals are applied to the execution of all sales documents. To continuously improve the deal flow at LiveRamp this role will also be responsible for creating effective cross-functional and cross-organizational communication and teamwork by partnering with Revenue Accounting, Legal, Privacy, Product, Sales and other internal corporate groups.
- Accurately interpret legal contracts to determine product, pricing, payment terms and the billing schedule of orders to be processed
- Coordinate non-standard requests and be able to navigate through complex business processes and policies
- Collaborate with other sales operations teams and cross functional teams to drive business alignment across the organization
- Be a sales advocate and partner with internal teams to understand complex sales issues
- Work on issues that impact design/selling success or address future concepts, products or technologies.
- Review, research and approve pricing requests, manage discount and gross margins.
- Manage and communicate all information related to the Deal Desk mission, guidelines, best practices, playbooks and business processes.
- Support sales by becoming a subject matter expert in LiveRamp’s products and use case.
- Drive data quality, process and automation activities that improve workflow efficiencies. Identify and implement business process improvements
- Develop and share best practices and ensure standardization of deal flows globally
- Generate regular and ad-hoc metric analysis for Leadership Team to monitor performance across a range of key business drivers and team performance
- Provide critical business insight to business partners based on business acumen and data analysis, be able to identify issues and recommend action plans
- Support client-facing teams in calculating appropriate pricing models for new customers, growth upon existing customers and return on SaaS revenue
- Assist RevOps to ensure that all end-of-quarter deals are reviewed and finalized in a timely manner
- 5-8+ years software industry experience (Deal Desk, Finance, FP&A, Sales Operations experience preferred)
- Experience in complex deal structuring (ideally in the AdTech/Marketing space)
- Strong background in Salesforce.com (or CRM), and CPQ experience specific to analytics, training, and adoption
- Strong competency with Excel, business models, pivot tables, charts and graphs
- BS or BA degree required
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance and proposing solutions
- Ability to synthesize information into actionable insights and contribution to both creating and executing business strategies
- Smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and proactive (no exceptions).
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task are critical
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to function as part of a team and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced, ever evolving environment
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail
- Previous people management experience
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco – the best city in the world, and take advantage of our commuter benefits.