LiveRamp is looking for an Engineering Manager to help support and grow developers on our Ingestion team. As an Engineering Manager, you are responsible for making your developers successful by setting context, resolving blockers, removing distractions, instituting smart processes, and recruiting new members for the team.
You have the ability to guide engineers in their development and create a fun and productive workplace environment. You also have the technical background to serve as a sounding board to the engineers on your team on major projects. We value integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork, and our leaders cultivate these behaviors in the organization.
- Help recruit and act as a leader within a growing team of software engineers.
- Drive consistency in communication and process for deployments, change requests, etc.
- Partner with product and engineering leaders across organizations to drive product impact via knowledge generation.
- Lead a team solving complex big data related problems utilizing cutting edge solutions.
- Ensure operational excellence and empower the organization to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity.
- Iterate on our high performance and scalable platform for massive data collection, real-time analytics and backend data services.
- Foster a positive environment of integrity, empowerment, initiative, and teamwork.
- Be a coach to the engineers on the team, helping them succeed in their current role while preparing them for future roles.
- Bring a wealth of best practices from past experiences to the team.
Your team will:
- Collect and process petabytes of data from a rich set of data sources and transform that data into meaningful information.
- Engineer scalable data processing engines of remarkable complexity.
- Deliver on the technical roadmap for LiveRamp’s core product offerings.
8+ years of hands-on development experience and 3+ years of experience leading engineering teams.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology or another computer-based discipline.
- You have demonstrated expertise in building and running petabyte-scale data ingestion, processing and analytics systems leveraging the open-source ecosystem, including Hadoop, Kafka, Spark or similar technologies.
- You have prior hands-on experience with Java, Scala, Ruby or familiarity with the JVM ecosystem.
- You have experience performing code reviews and providing critical suggestions for fixes and improvements.
- You love coaching people and developing an effective organization even more than you love complex technical challenges.
- You're familiar with large distributed systems and performance optimization of complex enterprise systems.
- You have extremely strong written and spoken communication, with the ability to effectively change communication style based on the audience (executive leadership, marketing, management, product, engineering, data scientists). Ability to explain complex technical topics at appropriate levels of detail for each audience.
- You’ve successfully recruited great people to your teams or have participated as a leader in the interview process.
- You have an ideology around management and all its attendant responsibilities that is backed by experience and thought.
- You thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility, and you see challenges as opportunities for growth.
- You are excited about collaborating with teammates across LiveRamp.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco and take advantage of our commuter benefits.
More about us:
LiveRamp is the trusted platform that makes data accessible and meaningful. Our services power people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical and customer challenges, and we’re always looking for smart, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy to connect the world’s data, people, and applications.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.