LiveRamp is the trusted platform that makes data accessible and meaningful. Our services power people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical and customer challenges, and we’re always looking for smart, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy to connect the world’s data, people, and applications.
ABOUT THIS JOB
This is your opportunity to join a rapidly growing division within LiveRamp, called LiveRamp TV. We are hiring Big Data Enthusiast Engineers located in Boston, MA or New York. We are a team of industry veterans changing the way data is used for Advanced TV advertising. Our development is focused on new systems that leverage LiveRamp’s robust ecosystem, using tools that include Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, Airflow, Dataflow, Dataproc), Scala, Java, Python and Talend ETL tool.
As a Big Data Engineer with LiveRamp’s Advanced TV team, you will bring this vision to life by building systems that collect, process, analyze, and distribute enormous quantities of data. You’ll collaborate with other engineers to execute on a diverse range of data factory initiatives. This might include extracting unique insights from TV data under management, integrating with 3rd party data APIs and workflows, analyzing client data, and unlocking new value for enterprise clients by solving some of their biggest problems.
We have migrated to GCP, and with it, we will have the opportunity to rethink all of our data processing technologies, keep what works -- and start fresh on what doesn’t. If this sounds exciting, we are looking for you.
- Build, operate, and optimize distributed systems built on Google’s Cloud Platform.
- Introduce a technology innovation to keep LiveRamp on the cutting edge of industry tools and best practices.
- Integrate a new data provider API with backend services.
- Push your teammates to become stronger engineers. They will do the same for you.
- Join a billion-row queryset with several billion log lines to extract unique value.
- Must have 3 + years production level code in at least one compiled language (Java, C++, etc), one interpreted language (Python, Ruby, etc) and one data query language (SQL, Pig Latin, SPARQL, etc).
- Are a data enthusiast who wants to be surrounded by brilliant teammates and huge challenges.
- Have 2+ years building big data applications and have run into scale problems. You want to build tools to keep other engineers from reinventing the wheel. Turning your experience into reusable tooling excites you.
- Have experience working in cloud environments, data processing and distributed systems.
- Comfortable with analyzing data and operating services in a Linux environment.
- Strong desire to learn and apply the latest in data processing and visualization tools (BigQuery, Airflow, DataProc, Python, GKE, etc).
- Discover a structured data file and want to learn everything about it.
- Enjoy learning new technologies and approaches. You will absolutely work with technologies new to you.
- Have a startup personality: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working and creative.
- Get excited by when you make a Hadoop application more efficient. But you get even more excited when you make products and Analytics team more efficient.
- Take ownership of projects - You don’t let bug reports fall through the cracks.
- Have 1+ years experience working with Talend or other ETL tools.
- While we welcome applicants for either Boston or Chicago Area since where most of our engineering team is based. We have a strong preference for new associate to be in our Boston office. Any applicants -- but especially Chicago applicants -- should be comfortable working via Slack and video conferencing with a team of engineers.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Location. Work in the heart of Boston – the best city in the world, and take advantage of our commuter benefits.