LiveRamp is the trusted platform that makes data accessible and meaningful. Our services power people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical and customer challenges, and we’re always looking for smart, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy to connect the world’s data, people, and applications.
ABOUT THIS JOB
This is an extremely fast-paced startup opportunity in Boston for an Executive Assistant who is a very bright, get-things-done, proactive, entrepreneurial, and people-oriented person. You enjoy working with different personalities and prioritize a multitude of competing demands with ease. No task is too small or too big for you to take on. You take pride in delivering the highest quality work and finding efficiencies in your role. This role will support and work alongside talented, humble, and incredibly busy executives.
The Executive Assistant will play an active role in managing the day-to-day for multiple leaders and provide overall team support. You'll work closely with various departments and a mighty team of Executive Assistants.
CRUCIAL TO THIS ROLE
Proactivity: Lots of people can check off tasks on a list, but do you anticipate potential issues before they snowball, and take action to remedy? Do you identify ways to streamline tasks? Do you consistently seek a better solution than the status quo? Do you have the influencing skills to drive change?
Time and stress management: Roll with both a sense of humor and urgency as your colleagues seek your support from a number of different directions. You must be naturally tenacious and super driven.
Long hours: This role is not only an amazing opportunity, but it is also a lot of work. Expectations of this person are very high, so we’re looking for someone who enjoys being connected and moving things forward, even when not in the office.
- You have stellar verbal and written communication skills.
- You have the capacity to handle interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically.
- You read email threads thoroughly before responding.
- You enjoy speeding through the day with non-stop tactical requests.
- You provide stellar administrative support and you’re committed to your growth and development as an EA.
- You are the most organized person you know.
- 3+ years of administrative experience.
- You are very bright and everyone you know comments on how quickly you become the expert.
- You enjoy taking on new challenges and are eager to do self-study to get ahead.
- Your email is at inbox zero by the end of every day.
- You’re intensively driven and proactive.
- You can easily handle stress and you are unflappable.
- You're a problem solver, you think strategically about what needs to be done, and you do it.
- You have entrepreneurial passion and startup interest.
- Experience in invoicing, opening purchase requisitions and/or managing a budget is a plus.
- You’re fluent in all tools of G Suite on Google Cloud.
- Provide full support for multiple Executives and Leaders, including heavy calendar management, travel, expense reports, team events/offsites and any other tasks needed to maximize team productivity.
- Manage highly confidential and sensitive information with complete discretion.
- Anticipate your leaders’ requests and any potential issues before they snowball, and take action to remedy it.
- Provide weekly briefing documents displaying leaders’ schedules at a glance, asking leaders to provide guidance on calendar conflicts, highlighting any external meetings, asking if they need prep or travel time.
- Adaptability to support additional requests as business needs grow.
- Shared general administrative responsibilities including but not limited to: planning company-wide or cross-functional meetings/events in collaboration with other EAs, back up support for your teammates when they are on PTO, and creating documentation to improve processes for our EA team.
- Facilitate communication and organization between teams at LiveRamp.
- In everything, represent LiveRamp and the LiveRamp team with professionalism, kindness, and efficiency.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Location. Work in the heart of Boston – the best city in the world, and take advantage of our commuter benefits.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.