LiveRamp is an Identity technology company based in downtown San Francisco with a growing office in New York City (right on Fifth Avenue next to Union Square).
We on the Identity Engineering team maintain the graph processing engine that connects the billions of different identifiers for consumers and the devices they use online. Help us process this trillion edge graph as quickly and efficiently as possible.
You will get to work on projects such as:
- Pregel Path Computer: This system finds relevant graph paths using the pregel graph computation framework as implemented in Apache Giraph.
- Edge Ingestion and Partitioning Framework: We could never process all trillion edges at once and luckily we don’t have to. Instead we process subgraphs that contain specific types of edges. Our edge ingestion and partitioning leverages LiveRamp’s Seek MSJ framework to efficiently incorporate new data into existing edge stores.
- Path Computation as a Service: We provide a service to other LiveRamp engineering teams for finding specific types of paths within our massive graph. It handles 20,000 requests a day and this is possible due to its use of caching and intelligently batching similar request together.
- We find feedback to be important in helping us grow as individuals and as a team; we’re always looking for chances to kindly share positive and constructive feedback and we aim to accept feedback with grace.
- We follow a Scrum-based DevOps model with a few guiding principles:
- Continuously improve processes
- Minimize barriers to development
- Control our contribution end-to-end from hardware to service API
- We develop in Java and Golang and also use Terraform, Kubernetes, Hadoop, Giraph, and Spark. We will use new technologies and languages if they help us better solve a problem.
- We currently use a 79,800 core cluster with 90 PB of disk space and 256 TB of RAM (shared across all of LiveRamp data engineering) to power our systems. Soon all of this will be on GCP.
- Have 5+ years of experience writing and deploying production code.
- Have a passion for building large-scale distributed systems and are comfortable writing high performance code.
- You love mentoring junior engineers and deploying best practices.
- Have a startup personality: smart, ethical, friendly, and productive.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with modern datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak, Azure Cosmos DB, Aerospike.
- Stream processing - Spark streaming, Apache Storm, Flink.
- Experience with Search indexing such as Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Elasticsearch.
- Experience with designing and implementing interfaces and infrastructure for large volume services and APIs.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Location. Work in the heart of New York City and take advantage of our commuter benefits.
More about us:
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.