At LiveRamp, we are on a quest to build the most flexible and scalable data marketplace. The platform underlying the marketplace ingests, analyzes, enriches and transforms tens of petabytes of data per day and then delivers the enriched data to our customers. Powering it is a massive Hadoop cluster with over 80K cores and counting. The cluster hosts almost 16 petabytes of data, and our ability to incorporate insights about that data into our search capabilities is crucial to our success.
We are seeking a passionate and creative engineer to build and scale our core backend search function. You will be working on areas ranging from processing pipelines to data services and the search platform behind our scalable data marketplace. You will be working on tackling challenging problems in information retrieval and will be continuously innovating on core search areas such as indexing, query understanding, query execution, search relevancy, predictive search, metrics tracking and scalability to name a few.
- Create software to automate the distillation of massive amounts of data down into understandable nuggets of information.
- Create performance metrics and alerts for Elasticsearch while designing, refining and tuning search algorithms.
- Create new and innovative ways to power data discovery for our customers while working in collaboration with Data Scientists, Engineers and other teams.
- Prototype solutions to improve our data processing architecture.
- You have experience building a custom search stack, or solid experience with open source technologies like Lucene, Solr or ElasticSearch.
- You have experience writing large, scalable, distributed search solutions for high-traffic applications.
- You have 3+ years of experience with full-text search engines such as SOLR, Elasticsearch, or Lucene.
- You have experience debugging the root cause of issues related to search.
- You have experience with complex search indexing tools such as Lucene, Solr, or Elasticsearch
- You love mentoring junior engineers and deploying best practices
- You have demonstrable experience building and deploying an enterprise grade search solution.
- Extensive experience with data processing platforms such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive or Pig
- You are proficient with Java or have experience within the JVM ecosystem.
- Should be able to identify ElasticSearch query optimizations and in turn address any ES performance bottlenecks
- Experience with Cloud providers like AWS, Azure; GCP preferable
- Experience with modern datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Riak, Azure Cosmos DB, Aerospike
- Stream processing - Spark streaming, Apache Storm, Flink
- Experience with designing and implementing interfaces and infrastructure for large volume services and APIs
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future. Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco and take advantage of our commuter benefits.
More about us:
LiveRamp powers exceptional experiences by making it safe and easy to connect the world’s data, people, and applications. We are the industry pace-setter and one of the fastest-growing SaaS businesses anywhere—the enabling product behind many of the world's biggest brands and technology platforms.
We recently debuted on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker: RAMP) as an independent public company. Our fundamentals are exceptional: 30%+ annual revenue growth, $1.7B in cash, no debt, and over 600 customers. And we're growing our team at a record pace. Want to build the future with 750 savvy, curious LiveRampers across the U.S., Europe, and APAC? Join us!
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.