LiveRamp is the trusted platform that makes data accessible and meaningful. Our services power people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical and customer challenges, and we’re always looking for smart, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy to connect the world’s data, people, and applications.
ABOUT THIS JOB
We are looking for an experienced administrator to help drive process automation and manage our Salesforce.com platform along with other tools in our CRM applications portfolio. This includes configuration, administration, user support, and integration with other applications. Additionally, this person will support our Sales, Marketing and Technical Services teams on company-wide CRM related initiatives.
- Ownership of all technical aspects of the Salesforce.com platform including data architecture, Salesforce configuration, custom objects, schema, and workflows and their connections to our enterprise business platforms
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards, provide general end user assistance and maintain and support all Salesforce 3rd party tools and integrations
- Develop and administer an environment management strategy for the Salesforce.com instances
- Work with users to develop requirements and build implementation plans for new features and enhancements leveraging outsourced teams and 3rd party support vendors
- Utilize a release and change management process to develop and implement new features/applications and enhancements to existing features/applications
- Build our Salesforce knowledge base with documentations of standard operating procedures, create and publish knowledge base articles and FAQs
- Seek out opportunities to utilize SFDC to improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
- Ensure we’re maximizing the value from our Salesforce.com platform, continually learn from market best practices to enhance and evolve our Salesforce instance with the latest releases from Salesforce and the market
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, minimum of 4 years as Salesforce administrator
- Salesforce Advanced Administrator or Platform Developer I/II certification
- Knowledge of Apex/JAVA, SOQL, Visualforce, Lightning Components, Einstein Analytics and/or the Salesforce.com API
- Experience with Sales, Marketing, Service Cloud and Communities administration
- Extensive understanding of the end to end functional business processes in Sales, Marketing and Customer Support
- Thorough understanding of custom objects, fields, validation rule, workflow rules, process flows, and visual workflow--and knowledge of which situations are appropriate for each
- Understanding of the Salesforce sharing model, profiles, and role hierarchies
- Ability to review feature enhancement requests, make alternate proposals and provide recommendations on best approach
- Strong business analysis and functional experience, including requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users, and managing UAT/deployment process
- Knowledge of Agile development practices, particularly sprint planning and assessment. Familiar with Jira is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly understand complex systems
- Excellent communication skills: Our Salesforce administrator will constantly be communicating concerns, changes, processes, and explanations across a wide spectrum of stakeholders and users
- A strategic, long-term thinker: As we evolve our processes to support our growth, we want to look beyond short-term fixes
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Stock. Every employee is a stakeholder in our future.
- Food. Enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun. We host events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance along with a 401k matching plan.
- Location. Work in the heart of San Francisco - the best city in the world, and take advantage of our commuter benefits.