LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
LiveRamp is seeking an experienced privacy attorney to join the Data Ethics team based in the EU (ideally London, UK or Paris, France).
The Senior Privacy Counsel will report into the Global Chief Data Ethics Officer, based in the US, and work as part of a global team to ensure privacy and data protection compliance, while enabling business innovation in a fast paced and dynamic environment. In this role, the Senior Privacy Counsel will have the opportunity to educate and influence our internal teams, vendors and customers and the overall industry.
- Embed with product and engineering teams to understand LiveRamp’s products and provide business-orientated privacy counseling to design data protection and privacy into our products (including ad tech related products and technologies such as cookies and tags) drawing on knowledge and experience with specific industry requirements and best practices such as EDAA and IAB.
- Collaborate and provide privacy guidance and related risk management advice to all groups across the company, including our Marketing, HR, Sales, Product, Engineering and Security teams.
- Manage privacy processes like data collection and use practices, data protection impact assessments and data subject access requests.
- Manage other privacy professionals including initially a Paralegal-EU based who will provide operational support e.g. for data subject access requests and certification of data providers.
- Collaborate with our advertiser and publisher customers and partners around privacy issues, including by providing privacy support on contract negotiations.
- Advise on notification and other obligations in connection with security/privacy incidents
- Manage and draft privacy notices and policies
- Develop and provide training and education supporting the implementation of privacy related policies and processes
- Interact with DPO (internal or external) and EU data protection authorities as needed
- Deep knowledge of global data protection laws including ePrivacy and GDPR; ability to research privacy laws and practices globally.
- A background in the ad tech industry and good knowledge of Internet technologies.
- Extensive experience as a privacy/data protection lawyer in-house with a global company or combined with time spent at a law firm.
- Qualified to practice Law in one or more European jurisdiction.
- Sound judgment, excellent problem solving skills, practicality, a focus on business outcomes and flexibility to manage multiple matters simultaneously.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in both English and French (with any other language being desirable including German, Spanish or Italian).
- Ease in communication with clients, partners and the business
- Ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels.
- The ability to identify, prioritize and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) accreditation
- Engineering or technology background
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.