LiveRamp powers exceptional experiences by making it safe and easy to connect the world’s data, people, and applications. We are the industry pace-setter and one of the fastest-growing SaaS businesses—the enabling product behind many of the world’s biggest brands and technology platforms.
LiveRamp recently debuted on the New York Stock Exchange (ticker: RAMP). Our fundamentals are exceptional: 30%+ annual revenue growth, no debt, and over 650 customers. And we're growing our team at a record pace. Want to build the future with nearly 1,000 savvy, curious LiveRampers across the U.S., Europe, and APAC? Join us!
ABOUT THIS JOB
We are looking for a super sharp, highly-motivated, business-minded senior attorney to fill the hybrid role of Senior Legal and Data Ethics Leader for our APAC operation. This hybrid position will support legal needs, including commercial contracts, and data protection needs, and administering our APAC Data Ethics program. This role will be the lead attorney in the APAC region, based in the Shanghai office, and will advise the APAC business on a wide range of commercial and strategic initiatives, including, in collaboration with Global Data Ethics leadership, navigation of increasingly complex data protection laws in the APAC region as well as guiding new market initiatives, requiring creative and proactive legal and data protection guidance. This role will interface with local data protection industry groups. This is an opportunity to make a high-impact contribution to a fast-paced organization operating on the cutting-edge of the Ad/MarTech industry and growing into other data-driven commercial areas.
- Understands the “big picture” view of legal risk and data governance and protection and how it aligns with LiveRamp’s overall business strategy.
- Be resident expert on compliance with local data protection laws, monitoring adherence to legal and ethical standards and acting as a point of contact with APAC supervisory authorities and data subjects.
- Partner with the Global Legal and Data Ethics teams.
- Lead and conduct Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs)
- Develop and maintain data protection and legal policies and processes from the ground up, and provide consultation, training, and knowledge sharing with colleagues.
- Manage all record keeping related to data protection requirements and data subject request.
- Collaborate with and educate numerous internal functions, including sales, customer success, business development, security, product, and engineering on accelerating the sales cycle while promoting data ethics and data protection initiatives and risk mitigation.
- Negotiate and draft a wide variety of commercial agreements, with the ability to capture complex legal and business concepts in a clear, concise, and easy-to-understand manner.
- Advise business units on legal issues of first impression.
- Manage data incidents and data breaches in coordination with cross-functions and the Information Security team.
- Monitor and self-study on case law, legislation and other legal guidance relevant to AdTech and MarTech industries.
- Contribute to building a great company.
- China qualified attorney with excellent academic credentials
- 5+ years law firm and/or in-house experience, including at least 3 years specializing in privacy and data protection matters
- Strong working knowledge of global privacy laws and regulations, with a particular emphasis on the APAC region
- Self-motivated, proactive, and eager to dive into the business, data workflows, and technology
- Comfort with ambiguity, multi-tasking, and independence.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, manage deadlines, and handle complex escalations in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Fluent written and verbal English and Chinese language skills required
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Team player with a sense of humor
- Basic understanding of digital technology
- Digital advertising or marketing experience (preferred)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (preferred)